wild greens

If you actually watch Trump rallies, mind, he's hilarious. better material than most "comedians", great character and most of it just random freestyle nonsense

Just don't want to have him do anything of importance, treat him as a cool little concert tour & we're all sorted

version

Part of the humour was that guy being president and talking the way he does in an official capacity, rubbing shoulders with bewildered careerists, but agree he shouldn't be anywhere near power.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Given that Musk is South African and you are English (West London?) why do you care about American immigration?
Exactly what I was gonna say. American politics as a whole is of limited relevance to me but I really struggle to think of anything in the world I'm less interested in that immigration on the zzzzzzzz... sorry where was I?

mixed_biscuits

Exactly what I was gonna say. American politics as a whole is of limited relevance to me but I really struggle to think of anything in the world I'm less interested in that immigration on the zzzzzzzz... sorry where was I?
Is this why you never piped up about Trump building the wall?

version

giphy.gif

IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't quite know why there was a second court case relating to Trump's sexual assault of Jean Carroll but there was and the judge has just ruled he has to pay her $83m on top of the $10m he has already been ordered to pay her, and the $250m Trump Org got hit for in NY etc

I don't know how likely it is that he actually pays any of this stuff but I'm reading that Carroll's lawyer can basically start putting orders on his property to stop him moving it or hiding it... pretty funny.

Trump is not happy about it though, he's revealed the shocking news that Biden has weaponised the DOJ which has created a two-tier justice system and is running a witch hunt against Trump with the aim of interfering in the election.

mixed_biscuits

I don't quite know why there was a second court case relating to Trump's sexual assault of Jean Carroll but there was and the judge has just ruled he has to pay her $83m on top of the $10m he has already been ordered to pay her, and the $250m Trump Org got hit for in NY etc

I don't know how likely it is that he actually pays any of this stuff but I'm reading that Carroll's lawyer can basically start putting orders on his property to stop him moving it or hiding it... pretty funny.

Trump is not happy about it though, he's revealed the shocking news that Biden has weaponised the DOJ which has created a two-tier justice system and is running a witch hunt against Trump with the aim of interfering in the election.
You'd think the Dumbocrats would have spotted the relationship between their attacks on Trump and his resurgence...but no. Not so much 4D chess as 2D pick-up sticks.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's weird though, Trump has said so often that it's Biden and I guess people joke about it a lot - and now it's not just sunk into the soft skulls of MAGA, but you also have people in England who can apparently read and everything who think that the Democrat party is somehow responsible for the woman Trump raped suing him .

But leaving aside the frightening fact that there are morons who are actually dumb enough to believe that, it's these various quantities racing against each other and against time itself that is the most interesting part of this contest.

I see Trump's finances as one line that starts high and is going down with each new hit.
On the other hand you have his popularity going upwards with each development.
And then something I'm calling freedom quotient which, should it reach zero would mean he is jailed.

So you've got these three things moving around, will his freedom and finance bars survive until time reaches zero, and if they do will hid popularity have gone high enough to cross the Biden point which I am assuming will remain fairly static.

The changing of the above quantities is the election really, it's nothing to do with Halley or anything Biden does (short of dropping dead I suppose).

IdleRich

IdleRich
Now it's come out - thanks to the publication of an investigation into the practices of the White House medical unit while Trump was nominally in power; a report which the Rs apparently suppressed for as long as they possibly could - that during the Trump administration they were writing out an extraordinary number of prescriptions to anyone that asked for some pretty heavy-duty controlled drugs - fentanyl, morphine, several other opioids, adderall, ambien, ketamine and loads of other stuff, mainly stimulants, I'd never heard of.

If it's not immediately clear what that means - and it wasn't to me cos I didn't know about this unit or what it did - the implications include but are not limited to..

1. This unit was basically a pill-mill handing out prescriptions like candy to anyone who came in, without doing any of the necessary checks.

2. The people coming in were members of the Trump administration based in the White House.

3. So the tax-payer was subsidizing the Trump White House to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of drugs which they were not entitled to. They ran up a massive bill on top quality controlled drugs (no generics for them)

4. A large proportion of the people pretending to be running the country between 2016 and 2020 - more than likely including Trump going by the particular drugs being purchased and how they tie-in with his known predilections - were bombed off their fucking faces the whole time on the medicinal equivalent of super strong and totally pure speed and heroin courtesy of the US tax payer.

5. The obvious conclusion is that the average day for people in the White House began with a fat line of Adderall or other stimulant which was repeated every time fatigue crept in, until it was time to start winding down at which point presumably they switched to injecting fentanyl or morphine. I'm guessing that the key was added to the mix for a laugh when they had an important policy discussion or a meeting with a foreign head of state.

This revelation which they're not even attempting to deny as far as I can tell as it's possibly the most positive thing to come out about the Trump regime obviously explains quite a lot.

The other story going round is that team Trump have known for some time that this story was certain to break eventually, hence the deliberate albeit half-hearted planting of one little baggie of coke where it would be found in the Biden White House hoping that that story would distract from or at least lessen the revelation of the mountains of ketamine and heroin under which Trump's office had been buried.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Now it's come out - thanks to the publication of an investigation into the practices of the White House medical unit while Trump was nominally in power, a report which the Rs apparently suppressed for as long as they possibly could - that during the Trump administration they were writing out an extraordinary number of prescriptions for some pretty heavy-duty controlled drugs - fentanyl, morphine, several other opioids, adderall, ambien and loads of other stuff I'd never heard of.

If it's not immediately clear what that means - and it wasn't to me cos I didn't know about this unit or 6
Drugs that Rich hasn't heard of, ladies and gentlemen.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Today Engeron is apparently gonna announce how much Trump must pay. But whatever it is, is he gonna pay it? When? Does it mean anything besides a big number and a headline?

People on all sides make a big fuss so I guess they think it does. But do these settlements ever get settled? I think maybe Fox paid but it's kinda different when it's a company.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Apparently Trump's lawyer, sorry, former lawyer, Alina Habba found out she'd been fired as she scrolled through twitter this morning to see Trump saying he was looking for new representation.

Wonder if she got paid... from what I've read, her handling of the Carroll trial was completely inept to the point where it shut down many of the possible avenues for appeal due to her specifically saying she was happy with the evidence as it was presented and was now that part of the procedure cannot be challenged.

And then she appeared in front of the press ranting about it being unfair, which probably did make an impression on maga but to everyone else it just revealed that she didn't understand what trial she was in.