Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
workhouse%20banner%20text.jpg

team_workhouse_0844b.jpg

john eden

male pale and stale
it's a difficult decision innit. right across the political spectrum (tho it seems mainly the right want out)

still turning it over. though many of the leave arguments seem like fantasies of sovereignty. as though we would suddenly be free.

on the other hand one key criteria seems to be security - and certainly the "safe" choice is usually the wrong one. much better to embrace insecurity in the modern world (cf all that is solid melts into air)

It is more interesting than some people give it credit for I think. I'm interested in the liberal noise on twitter which seems to be saying that because Farage and Galloway support Brexit that by definition you are a horrible person if you vote out. Whereas on the other hand the vote for In puts you in the same camp as Cameron and all the banks.

Though I agree that the (far) left hasn't really managed to articulate a sensible Out platform aside from that quote from Benn about "who has given you power and how do I get rid of you..."

The security arguments just seem to cancel each other out. I swear the other day there was a different Tory ever half an hour saying that Brexit or Bremain would bring more terror.

I am now tending towards "we're pretty screwed either way, but Brexit will terrify the right people so let's do that." Also you would think Brexit would mean the end of UKIP?

droid

What's the big deal? We're heading back to Victorian levels of inequality. May as well embrace it.

You're just annoyed cos you wont have any nippers to send up chimneys and make a few bob for their old man.

craner

Beast of Burden
"Got your splendid package this morning and the clothes are super fab. They feel like my clothes and i really appreciate your care and talent. The trousers fit perfectly, likewise the coat with it's superb alteration."

{ Nick Hannan } - Tour, Artist and Sound Management
- Futur Primitif -

craner

Beast of Burden
"Workhouse clothing is immersive in a sense that as your wearing it whether a coat or jacket, you feel the passion of the garment surround you. It's wonderful to have something with emotional weight and humbling to see the tracer of the maker."

{ Henry Hussey } - Artist London

john eden

male pale and stale
Workhouses have always had emotional impact, I will give them that. Some friends in Bristol just got a plaque put up to remember the people that lived and died in the workhouse there...

luka

Hi John I was just wondering if you've got any good arguments for leaving cos I haven't come across any yet. I want to hear the out argument

luka

We shafted the commonwealth already when we joined up. They've found other markets in the interim they don't want us back. We're not going to stop buying and selling things any time soon so ignoring trade would be irresponsible

luka

Like what are we gunna be by ourselves in a world of chinas indias usas russias and eus. I don't get it. If we were new Zealand I would be ok but we're a very conservative country full of cunts that need restraining

luka

I'm sure there are heaps of compelling arguments for getting out I just want to hear them is that too much to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.