Here is the video for my song, It's Greenwich

droid

The tune is by Bochum Welt. Early singing to Rephlex. Far from being an Aphex imitator, he is in fact quite highly regarded as an original emotronic synth purist. Hes made some absolutely beautiful records and is beloved by cognoscenti.

'Will' has good taste.

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm looking forward to the BBC4 documentary but not the massive court case between Will Clarke and Luke to secure royalties.

Leo

The tune is by Bochum Welt. Early singing to Rephlex. Far from being an Aphex imitator, he is in fact quite highly regarded as an original emotronic synth purist. Hes made some absolutely beautiful records and is beloved by cognoscenti.

'Will' has good taste.

what's the name of the original BW track?

reminds me of a late 70s/early 80s disco-not-disco track, perhaps a side project including someone from a no wave band that would appear on one of those soul jazz "new york noise" compilations (except an english version). it's also better than most hype williams/dean blunt and much of the stuff in the chillwave/vaporware thread.

also like how the "p"s pop a few times, a little too close to the mic there!

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Very impressed that the lyrics were ad-libbed. None of my music has lyrics beyond a couple of samples chucked in there and there - I respect people who can write words to a song.

Bochum Welt rings a bell from some ancient Braindance CD I've got somewhere.

Last edited:

droid

what's the name of the original BW track?

reminds me of a late 70s/early 80s disco-not-disco track, perhaps a side project including someone from a no wave band that would appear on one of those soul jazz "new york noise" compilations (except an english version). it's also better than most hype williams/dean blunt and much of the stuff in the chillwave/vaporware thread.

A few more

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Never knew Greenwich was pronounced like "granich".

Yeah it's classic lazy English pronunciation - I mean, the standard way to say "Greenwich", not luka's particular enunciation. Ask for directions to "green witch" and you're gonna get stared/laughed at.

Leo

not just an english thing, tho. nyc's greenwich village and the town in connectitcut are pronounced "gren-itch", never green-witch.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I wish I could read this forum the way you guys actually pronounce the words, seems to be much more soothing.