Status
Not open for further replies.

sadmanbarty

And the trumpet shall be blown, so all those that are in the heavens and all those that are in the earth shall swoon, except him whom Allah will ; then it shall be blown again, then they shall stand up awaiting

sadmanbarty

Compositionally stunning. This takes the influences of Dark Magus and instead of synthesising them together, it juxtaposes them; a quasi-ambient bit, some absolutely staggering funk and a punk bit. On wikipedia they have a summary of the german lyrics, it's like a tharg's future shocks story.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Love that one Crowley

And now for something completely different

THE SENTINEL - AWAKENING (1995)

Keep your jazz jungle vs ragga jungle arguments for another thread. Sometimes (it's late, you're tired), you just want to bathe in the aquamarine waters of Amens that splash like a waterfall. I think I might prefer Photek in this jazzy mode to his skeletal dark mode, which seems completely joyless to me at times.

sadmanbarty

"I am the madness... I am the truth" Sounds like something out of thus spake zarathustra. I think my best of 2016 list will be getting some additions when I have time to go through his youtube chanel.

Leo

probably old news to people here and apparently it got some radio hype and also used in an advert, from a few months back but just came across it recently. nice ruffneck bounce to it.

Last edited:

firefinga

Listening lots to 60s stuff at the moment (listening meaning having youtube clips run in the background while doing boring office work) - Stevie Wonder was so damn good:

sadmanbarty

One for firefinga. Great composition, string arrangement and vocal delivery. In general I'm not a lyrics person, but these lyrics are fantastic. It evokes a whole array of (often contradictory) emotions, all of which are overwhelming.

firefinga

Compositionally stunning. This takes the influences of Dark Magus and instead of synthesising them together, it juxtaposes them; a quasi-ambient bit, some absolutely staggering funk and a punk bit. On wikipedia they have a summary of the german lyrics, it's like a tharg's future shocks story.

99 Red Balloons was her biggest hit, but her finest hour was "Nur Getäumt" ("Only Dreaming"). The German Kim Wilde (ca. "Kids In America")

Status
Not open for further replies.