DOOM, or The Official 2016 US Election Thread

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
has the NYT swingometer just exceeded a 80% chance of winning for Trump?! Dear god.

watching this on tv and watching it on the internet are two totally different experiences though - how is the tv coverage so far behind the massive story here?

Last edited:
Cwysh9ZUQAE3eKI.jpg

Attachments

• Cwysh9ZUQAE3eKI.jpg
    Cwysh9ZUQAE3eKI.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 5

firefinga

So the (white) working class is voting for the candidate Who will prolonge tax cuts for the rich and weaken workers rights even more. Utter brilliance, they deserve the hardship they gonna reap for this

firefinga

You'll see a ratrace very quickly among the ."moderate" republicans to get behind the Trumpians. A sick spectacle

vimothy

yurp
Now he squares off against the American deep state and the liberal international order.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v38/n20/eliot-weinberger/who-wont-be-voting-for-trump

'Trump has tweeted that homicide statistics show that 81 per cent of murdered whites are killed by blacks. According to the FBI, 82 per cent of murdered whites are killed by whites.'

Trump: ‘I will get rid of gun-free zones on schools, and – you have to – and on military bases. My first day, it gets signed, OK? My first day. There’s no more gun-free zones.’

Trump (on sexually transmitted diseases): ‘I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world. It is a dangerous world out there – it’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam era. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.’ (Trump received a physical deferment from the draft during the Vietnam War because of a problem with his foot, although he can no longer remember which foot. He was a football, squash and tennis player at the time.)

Trump: ‘I’m good at war. I’ve had a lot of wars of my own. I’m really good at war. I love war in a certain way. But only when we win.’

Trump: ‘When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength.’

luka

I love the Deep South. It's not full of rednecks. It has opera houses and modern art museums, incredible food and beautiful scenery. Lynyrd Skynyrd are an underrated band.

Couldn't have been more wrong.

droid

Hats off to Craner. Florida was looking bad when I went to bed, but this is a stunning result. That 3% margin of error went against Clinton nearly everywhere.

I guess now we'll see if Trump really is a fascist or was just pretending to be one to win votes.

luka

Plus whether vimothy is right in thinking Trump will be battling the deep state or whether the deep state is throwing it's collective stetson in the air and wooping. FBI played a part (non-decisive, but not insignificant) in trumps victory. Craner just had a hunch about one horse in a two horse race. Not inclined to pat him on the back.

droid

Plus whether vimothy is right in thinking Trump will be battling the deep state or whether the deep state is throwing it's collective stetson in the air and wooping. FBI played a part (non-decisive, but not insignificant) in trumps victory. Craner just had a hunch about one horse in a two horse race. Not inclined to pat him on the back.

It was a 3/1 chance, but he had the cojones to completely ignore all the available data and go with his gut, so you have to give him something.