DOOM, or The Official 2016 US Election Thread

craner

Beast of Burden
No, because they had well-defined policy platforms and organised movements behind them. Again, you could read the literature. Or the Ledeen articles you blocked. But, ah, you blocked them.

droid

Forbes doesnt let you view anything without turning off ad block. I didnt block him. Probably read them anyway.

droid

"It is not easy, for instance, to fit Germany and Japan into the same framework, and it is even harder with some of the small states which are describable as Fascist. It is usually assumed, for instance, that Fascism is inherently warlike, that it thrives in an atmosphere of war hysteria and can only solve its economic problems by means of war preparation or foreign conquests. But clearly this is not true of, say, Portugal or the various South American dictatorships. Or again, antisemitism is supposed to be one of the distinguishing marks of Fascism; but some Fascist movements are not antisemitic. Learned controversies, reverberating for years on end in American magazines, have not even been able to determine whether or not Fascism is a form of capitalism. But still, when we apply the term ‘Fascism’ to Germany or Japan or Mussolini's Italy, we know broadly what we mean."

craner

Beast of Burden
Indeed, don't know the quote, but Italian fascism was not anti-semitic initially, but the war ideology, anti-Communism, anti-enlightenment liberalism, revolutionary right wing populism was common to all those regimes of the Fascist International. Japan wasn't necessarily 'fascist' but an extreme form of conservative imperialism.

droid

aesthetics
lol. Again with the uniforms. Face it Craner, youre a fascism snob who cant bear the thought that the face of 21st century totalitarianism is day-glo orange.

droid

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
I've seen craners library. Lots of books on fascism. 50% of books in his library are about fascism. He loves it.

That's why this is so puzzling. Maybe he just likes pictures of uniforms.

craner

Beast of Burden
I thought you guys, for one thing, didn't like the term 'totalitarianism' because it conflated fascism and communism?

I'm a right wing Labour social democrat. If you're trying to paint me as a Fascist on Luka's prompting, good luck.

craner

Beast of Burden
Oh well, snap. Luke clearly ignored all the biographies of Labour and Tory politicians in my library, plus the Marxist and Continental Theory. You can read books you don't necessarily agree with. It's called 'reading'.

craner

Beast of Burden
Calm down? You called me a Fascist, you dick. You'd have gone berserk if I'd done that to you!