DOOM, or The Official 2016 US Election Thread

craner

Beast of Burden
I've been quoting Ledeen against Droid for over ten years now, it's an old, heart-warming dynamic.

craner

Beast of Burden
I love the Deep South. It's not full of rednecks. It has opera houses and modern art museums, incredible food and beautiful scenery. Lynyrd Skynyrd are an underrated band.

craner

Beast of Burden
He's an authoritarian chump, a fraud, a fool. Doesn't deserve the glorified hyperbole of fascism.

droid

I see what you mean. He doesnt have the dignity and noble bearing of Benito or Adolf.

Leo

I love the Deep South. It's not full of rednecks. It has opera houses and modern art museums, incredible food and beautiful scenery. Lynyrd Skynyrd are an underrated band.

democrats will soon flip georgia blue (if clinton doesn't this year) with the demographic growth of atlanta and suburbs (similar to pennsylvania with philly and suburbs).

craner

Beast of Burden
I feel like Droid could've at least bothered reading the two articles before commenting, though. The thrust being: a strong man with mobs is not enough to define a Fascist. Ledeen's short essays are perfunctory but make important distinctions in their brevity.

craner

Beast of Burden
You can't import comparisons to European Fascism into American politics without looking like a fool. Populism, yes; Fascism...not so much.

droid

Trump ticks almost all of the boxes. The foolish thing is to assume that European fascism is the only variety.