thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it is not even the unitary and invariant mechanical collectivity arising from the valiant barbarian hordes, knocking at the gates of this faecal smelling civilisation. it is merely a machine designed to be a machine. no joy in that. the machine is not god so what's the point?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i have never heard anything musically good from the korean peninsula. their culture is bound to be annihilated with the onward march of history.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
seriously though, parody racism aside, what do you want me to say? I know nothing about k-pop. I like that sometimes there is an emergent frequency interaction in the placement of the vocals in the mix, those opening synth licks are nice and funky, the bass would probably cut through on a good system. But it feels very calvinist.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's not like even they can sell you a desire anymore. just a cringy imitation of western trends that have already expired. like milk gone bad.

CrowleyHead

Describe the experience of drinking bad milk then.

Heroin is poison and yet Lou Reed did a damned good job of explaining what has happening with it right? Song wouldn't have worked if the verses just talked about imperialist tactics and the subjugation of the masses. If that was the case he'd be Immortal Technique.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
drinking bad milk is tolerable. The stomach doesn't really curl after a while especially if you live in a house where half of the time you bought chicken tika but with noone to read the instructions so you just arbitrarily cooked it and it tasted like spiced tissue.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
anyway i like pop music when a specific cordal or harmonic or sonic development hits me. but cos i don't have the music theory knowledge i can't describe it. but with hardcore that isn't the case. the more disjointed and weird and anti-musical it is the better. i guess you could say i value a certain sense of elegance.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
pattycakes?

first of all, from personal experience i can say that the title is accurate.

feels like being sandwiched between layers of huge sheets of silk and lace, endlessly gliding over your skin, flapping gently in the breeze. janet's fingers nimbly outlining the contours of your inner thigh through the silk. you're laying in a circular, candlelit room painted blood red. brass bowls of assorted haribos and other exotic delights scattered around the pile of velvet cushions in the centre where you and janet are frolicking and downing tins of K cider légère. this is that luxurious kind of rnb that evelopes you, like that feeling of being engulfed by plush upholstery. agreeable materialism. and the way the staccato delivery of the chorus line creates a push against the drag of the half time beat/dx7 chords, perfectly portraying the sense of time slipping through your fingers while you're trying to savor the last moments of a love that you may not see for a while or even ever again. perfect synesthesia. or is it because i've seen too many rnb videos that this is where my mind goes?

p.s. i'm nabbing those chords.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
four very lame minutes of Lord Infamous alternately chanting "lick my nuts, suck my butt" and going thru the motions with some tired generic misogyny rap. no thanks. that song can suck my butt.

and tbc I got nothing against 3-6. Mystic Stylez is awesome - the only horrorcore I know, besides some Geto Boys bits, that pulls off a truly doomy, occult vibe as opposed to just cartoonish and/or grim ultraviolence, and simultaneously a Southern rap colossus on par with ATLiens, The Resurrection, etc - a basically perfect collision of horror, early 90s rap (g-funk, double-time flows), the South (Rap-a-Lot, Dungeon Family), and Memphis itself, both rap and reaching further back to Stax, Hi Records, etc. the rare record that slots in equally well next to UGK and Hellhammer.

this is a good game and - time willing - I'm down to play, but come correct with it or don't come at all. come on now.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
ok sorry padraig i was just engaging in some cartoonish shlock the laws of the cosmos know i am the worlds most astute and advanced male feminist. i am, however, willing to whip myself and atone for my sins in a collective dissensus struggle session.

i will say, however, that utterly reprehensible as this shlock may be, at least this alienated experience doesn't mean i go crypto jungian and turn this resentment into going on these incel forums to materialise a reactionary feudal consciousness (something i only learnt about from leftist wankers!) i mean how serious do you have to be to not laugh about licking nuts and sucking butts? I scarcely could believe your peoples over there came up with such a civilised hatred.

Last edited: