luka

yeah i agree completely with this ive been really proud of the way this place has been resurrected. and i was proud of this thread too. if we can lure craner back into posting properly everything will be perfect.

luka

like you cant overstate how fucked this place was just a few months ago. it was painful. limping along. if we didnt have such a pathetic sentimental attachment to it we would have put it out its misery.

Leo

maybe i was unclear or it's getting lost in the haze, but we're not in an either/or situation. there's a place for both long and short dialogue, spontaneity and more lengthy explanations. i like a number of the threads and discussion of late, but some threads have gone off in directions that are of less interest to me personally. i'm sure many people here couldn't give two shits about my regular updates to the trump thread but a few might.

this conversation reminds me of a couples relationship where one person thinks everything is going swimmingly and is blindsided when the other person suddenly has complaints or says they're getting bored with the directions of things. makes you reevaluate the recent past, pick up on remarks previously overlooked, actions are defended, mistakes are admitted. a healthy dialogue, usually required in order to maintain the relationship, actually

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
I guess we forget the flame wars of yesteryear, the days when the original Padraig was posting lost screeds claiming that Rwanda was a hoax, and K-Punk was apologising for him. Who knows if that was better.

If I live to see Barty at my age now - which at this rate is highly unlikely - I'll be fascinated to see how and where he ends up.

sadmanbarty

I feel like Kevin bacon in footloose. A young buck bringing joy and vibrancy to a town controlled by middle-aged men who’ve forgotten how to have fun.

droid

it’s a shame this conversation came out of what droid said, because it positively reinforces the kind behaviour he should be embarrassed about. i’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume there’s something in his personal life which he’s venting here (probably the best place for it really)

Nope. Just extremely bored of the tediousness of wading through pages of in-jokes, circular incestuous commentary and associated shenanigans best kept on social media. Ive had contact from other members who've said they've stopped posting here for the same reason, and if we want to talk about embarrassing behaviour, there's an endless catalogue of juvenilia that could be quoted.

That wasn't a hissy fit, and if you think it is, then youve never seen one. My comments were specifically directed at very particular behaviour, and I think yourself and Luka knew exactly what I meant. You asked me to elaborate, so I did, and I saw no point in prevaricating. Dont ask a question if you dont want to hear the answer.

That said, I didnt intend to derail this thread, but every thread I look at seems to contain the same pattern and type of posts so it seemed as good a place as any. There is also some irony in complaining about derailment as that is literally the modus operandi here.

Im not really advocating for or against longer/shorter posts or serious/asinine threads, good threads can come from both. In general, the energy here is better than it's been for a while and you deserve some credit for that, I just wish we could have that energy with less of the bullshit. If thats not possible then so be it.

And fwiw I wasnt condescending to Corpsey, the man is a saint.

luka

ive been a lot nicer to you over recent years droid becasue theres clearly something wrong with you and i respect neurodiversity but dont push your luck son.

droid

ive been a lot nicer to you over recent years droid becasue theres clearly something wrong with you and i respect neurodiversity but dont push your luck son.

LESS of the bullshit, its just so... dull.

luka

why dont you make an effort to get along with other people? like actually contribute something instead of unpleasantness and bad vibes?

luka

its posible to create a positive feedback loop of good feeling and ideas building on ideas but instead youre always poisoning the well. why?

craner

Beast of Burden
To be fair this has become the funniest Dissensus thread I remember. Reminds me of the time I went well angry mental about stand up comedians being far less naturally funny than most people I interacted with. Danny Dyer thread, if I recall?

Point being that those Mock the Week/Radio 4/Comedy Lounge wankers get paid for their shit routines.

sadmanbarty

Sorry about my behaviour. You sincerely asked a question to be constructive and I responded with a lot of unwarranted, abusive nastiness. Leo was polite and articulate with his critique and I should have done the same. I’m glad it’s a bit more lively round here, it’s just that few of us weren’t particularly enjoying the in-jokes. It’d a bit daft if I didn’t offer my apologies, so sorry about that.

No worries, we all get a bit grumpy sometimes. Me and luka’ll calm it down a bit.