sadmanbarty

Third, let’s get you out of communism altogether then.

You love innovation, possessions, techo-logy, you don’t like authority.

You’ll piss off all the right people by saying things like “it is an empirical truth that consumerism has resulted in the largest reduction if global poverty in the entirety of human history”

Go on third. You know you want to.

sadmanbarty

It’d liberate you. Allow your thinking to go as far as I know it can. Unleash your full potential.

You’re not ash sarker, you’re skynet

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
nah but for real, joking and bragging aside, these sorts of convos eventually seem to hit a cross roads. Like I said I'm not pessimistic. why would I be? Soul music itself was a machine. It always was. it's just back in the day it could resonate as we were undergoing colossal changes in the urban experience and for black people the black experience. but now we are *in the future* there is no more technology to here, there are really no more biological rhythms to here anymore. Our lives have been inextricably shaped by the industrial revolution. this was i was saying to version in the anti-human agenda thread. I want people to suspend the value set of soulfulness for a while. you can still have other emotions, nostalgia, anger, agitation, jitteriness, etc etc. But is it really so hard to suspend one set of emotions for a while?

Noone is saying machine music - even banging loop techno is totally devoid of any emotion at all. the emotions are just tied more to gravitational forcefields than they are mental bombs of uplift, melancholy or sadness.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

The entrepreneurial zeal of a true north London Turk. You’ll open up a barbers that has faded, 20 year old pictures of Gareth gates and will young on the front. Maybe Man U-era cyberpunk-hair beckham

sadmanbarty

nah but for real, joking and bragging aside, these sorts of convos eventually seem to hit a cross roads. Like I said I'm not pessimistic. why would I be? Soul music itself was a machine.

Yeah I know. I’d have started a new thread today, but was feeling lazy. Wanted a mellow day. Not too much intellectual contortions.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
The entrepreneurial zeal of a true north London Turk. You’ll open up a barbers that has faded, 20 year old pictures of Gareth gates and will young on the front. Maybe Man U-era cyberpunk-hair beckham

I wish! I'm paying my fat cunt dads bills because he was a shit entrepreneur and is in debt. paying bills from my DLA. classic turkish style.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I have no idea how my mum married this man. now there's a pessimist. he'd get on very well with tea. bringing every single conversation down to his vapid level.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
You’re a communist for Christ’s sake. No working class person has ever been a communist.

Noone has ever been a communist full stop, even the middle class people who call themselves communists are really radical left liberals. this is the problem. some people don't want me to invent my own gnosis. I feel like a 70s turkish melodrama time compressed into 1 second being hit with it over and over again on the head. can't corpse open his delicate heart for this unruly boy?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
apologies, I think I'm going to bow out for a bit. there's a real disconnect here and it feels like im picking on people and that might be the case but I'm not receiving the inputs to stop it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Some of us secretly like it

Would you say a 97-99 era Dave Clarke set was soulful?

I think that will clarify a lot of things.

I really wouldn't call this soulful. Sure, funky, propulsive, etc etc. bbut if you are saying actually this is quite soulful in its own way then i think the misunderstanding is there and we're talking at cross purposes. but then i would say you've pretty much equated soulful music with some kind of counter-hegemonic cultural capital or cachet. in which case we can move onto discussing that.

sadmanbarty

apologies, I think I'm going to bow out for a bit. there's a real disconnect here and it feels like im picking on people and that might be the case but I'm not receiving the inputs to stop it.

no need for bowing out or anything. we all do it, there's no malice there. you've done the right thing by saying sorry (i've missed what exactly for as it happens). you're very good at listening to people anyway. much better than me. if someone says 'oi third don't do this' you're far more receptive and understanding than me and others on the forum.

luka

equated soulful music with some kind of counter-hegemonic cultural capital or cachet.

Ok let's talk about this.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
equated soulful music with some kind of counter-hegemonic cultural capital or cachet.

Ok let's talk about this.

Well by that logic can't william bennett screaming about coming up your arse over harsh noise be considered soulful? I don't know, I'm asking.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I guess I want to know based on these parameters what isn't soulful. If it's a simple pop vs underground thing then obviously that complicates a lot of listening habits. Michael Jackson and Prince would be considered soul less by that rubric. But what makes Clinton soulful? He wasn't exactly hugely underground was he now.

Why isn't Young Thug soulful?