luka

I wonder if webeschatology wants a go on school talent show stage? How will we frame it? It could be good that. What would be putting on show. Obviously one mans sensibility but we need an angle.

sadmanbarty

I wonder if webeschatology wants a go on school talent show stage? How will we frame it? It could be good that. What would be putting on show. Obviously one mans sensibility but we need an angle.

crowl never did his non-canonical rap canon. is that web's job then?

luka

pianos speak to the uninitiated. they're a universal. pizza express jazz club. elton john. freddie mercury singing to the world at live aid.

third's saying that when the underground latches onto them, there a degree of trying to reach to audience overground. that's why hardcore and drill are so obsessed with pianos. they're just one sound out of a batch of a million others. why do these genres fixate on them so much? why do they start to define themselves around a single (very traditional) instrument when you've got all the synths and samples you could ever dream of?

how's that third?

Is this it third or is it more esoteric?

luka

Corpse has drunk 18 bottles of corona in blistering hot cypress beach he's sunburnt and tired and he's had a half an eckie and he's floating in this amazing stupor just below the clear crystal light reading this thread wanting to tell us he loves us but he can't work out how to type

sadmanbarty

Corpse has drunk 18 bottles of corona in blistering hot cypress beach he's sunburnt and tired and he's had a half an eckie and he's floating in this amazing stupor just below the clear crystal light reading this thread wanting to tell us he loves us but he can't work out how to type

wake up at lunch time tomorrow all hungover and burnt and sore and he'll just punch a plate of pastitsio. his big, meaty fist just the perfect shape and size for the gelatine square hellenic smugness.

luka

I'm not that tired but I suppose we've probably had our fun for tonight. Brilliant effort barti you played a blinder very proud of you I might come back later when i realise I can't sleep

sadmanbarty

wake up at lunch time tomorrow all hungover and burnt and sore and he'll just punch a plate of pastitsio. his big, meaty fist just the perfect shape and size for the gelatine square hellenic smugness.

all the sludgy bits between his fingers. sitting on the side of the dusty road later, just eating bits off of his hands. some old man yells at him in greek because corpse is in the way of his donkey.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
pianos speak to the uninitiated. they're a universal. pizza express jazz club. elton john. freddie mercury singing to the world at live aid.

third's saying that when the underground latches onto them, there a degree of trying to reach to audience overground. that's why hardcore and drill are so obsessed with pianos. they're just one sound out of a batch of a million others. why do these genres fixate on them so much? why do they start to define themselves around a single (very traditional) instrument when you've got all the synths and samples you could ever dream of?

how's that third?

But also the piano does not connote the gothic these days, like it did in 19th c classical music. it's no longer the church piano or the church organ with its percussive low end.

It's the ethereal. and the ethereal for obvious has more pop connotations. as does ambient, ultimately. but cecil taylor never will, and not just because his music is atonal...