The Grime Hall of Shame

CrowleyHead

There's so much Eminem in "Boys Luv Girls" lol. It's just that What he's rapping too Eminem would never have the courage to touch. If anything Dizzee is Jay and Kano is Em. Interesting they never had a "Renegades" moment.

luka

Honestly you lot are freaking me out today saying any old thing to try and confuse me and make me think I'm getting dementia.

luka

Mate I must be getting to much sun out there on the river with my bald head cos I don't know what's been going on today

CrowleyHead

To be fair I'm deliberately challenging and provoking here on the Kano topic as much as I do feel there's an intelligent way to say "Kano never should've been let into Grime". It's less to do with slickness and that sense of cynicism.

luka

Kano was around the nasty crew lot MCing from long before grime existed. He was in before there was a thing called grime. He had that style when he was 13, 14.

CrowleyHead

I wish you could understand how bad Kano is. He's actually worse than Ghetts.

I'm screaming to someone with soundproof earmuffs. This, this is the real UK/US divide.

luka

Everybody loved Kano. You can't rewrite history no matter how much you might want to. He was a local superstar. By the time the album came out it was over. But girls love boys, the Wiley clash. The nasty crew sets, all classic.

CrowleyHead

"It's a trap!" I wail, tears rolling down my cheeks as he sails towards the falls obliviously. I see the rocks that will dash him to pieces, the impossible to survive plummet stories through the air. Shaking, I scream "You'll die, please! Stop!" as my voice shrills itself into a rasp. But he keeps paddling onward, a smile on his face, obliviously. And somehow, despite being unable to reach him, I can see him happily chanting along to the bars:

"You must think that I'm doing this for no reason- Heart and Soul!!!!!"

and then he's gone.

luka

Grime, in essence, was a fairly large group of friends and aquaintinces in tower hamlets (paug, roll deep) a similar, slightly younger group in Newham (nasty) and then a more peripheral group in Waltham Forest (more fire, boyz in the hood) that's basically it. And they all knew each other. And Kano was around the Newham lot from the start. So you just have to put up with him. You don't have to like what he became but you can't disappear him or pretend he didn't matter.

sadmanbarty

that grace point encompassing garage rap and early grime is london in its purest form. using the luka-ammended atemporal shockwave theory, this is the impact point of 'london'. the wave goes in two directions; the jungle direction and the drill one.

heartless are the hardcore continuum in its broadest sense. they're luka's 1001 song playlist.

jungle, garage, grime, dancehall, timbaland...

sometimes playful, sometimes homophobic, sometimes bouncy, sometimes manic.

they're the three faits

luka

heartless are the hardcore continuum in its broadest sense. they're luka's 1001 song playlist.

jungle, garage, grime, dancehall, timbaland...

sometimes playful, sometimes homophobic, sometimes bouncy, sometimes manic.

they're the three faits

Quite galling that they come from archway