The Mysterious and Magical World of Webeschatology

forclosure

39) Viktor Vaughn - The Drop

Its the Afro-Caribbean connection mate i know DOOM is kinda exhausted at this point but for a long time he was my guy defo a guy whos weirdness and understanding i get

As much as i do love some of the brehs who experiment with autotune and have done all manner of chatter and gurgling with it in my heart of hearts im a guy who likes a good writer. Blame having a lifelong love of books if you can put words together well youve won me over and if you can make me laugh youve won me as a fan forever, but its not just "bars" though sure theres some underground brehs but its gotta have something to it that makes me see things through your eyes makes me sees things or ideas or even just analogies similies and metaphors that wouldnt have crossed my mind

I think thats why Jay Zs never been my favourite rapper or say any of them mid 00s NY punchline rappers the latter in small doses can be fine but alot of the time they come with cornball jokes that would make Don Knotts wanna slap em and as for the former forgive me but im not blown away by quadruple septuple entendres at the end of the day as a mate of mine once say them tings ammount to cryptic dad jokes at the end of the day.

Its why for example i would sooner listen to Drakeo the Ruler over say Dave East or Myka 9 and Godfather Don over god help us Immortal Technique

but anyway on a album filled with some incredible writing and bars this might be my personal highlight

Last edited:

luka

Where was that thing you said about dog-z being like your old dads mate who used to run a scrap iron place

forclosure

40) Wolf Eyes + Anthony Braxton - Rationed Rot

Before they became known for being meme eediats i used to like Wolf Eyes alot

this thing they did with Anthony Braxton was a favourite of mine

this thing oozes

luka

It's not that, it's more your attempt to create this watertight cealed off musical package to show off ur intellectual brilliance.

americans (apart from nerds) don't know about toasting how the fuck are they gonna reintegrate it?

the fact is mumble rap owes far more in its deconstruction to more, banal white sources.

This is a double bind if you want to subscribe to both commercial rap, and hip hop being a vehicle of black radicality.

our undie vs mainstream rap battle. emo rap vs serious rap.

I don't really understand this point but I guess at his point I'm too drunk to be getting involved and I thought fucking hell enoughs enough

forclosure

41) Freddie Foxx/Bumpy Knuckles - Crazy like a Foxx

NY used to be amazing at this kind of cinderblock to the face hench man intense rap, this ones a personal favourite for 2 reasons:

1) Foxx threatens to stick a knife in your ass like Dr Giggles (the only reason i know of the films existance)

2) the last verse has him killing all of Ultramagnetic MCs in brutal fashion (from what i remember it was because Kool Keith said a bar that he interpreted as a diss)

luka

Really weird thread. But quite good. What are you? why have you exploded dissensus? Did you mean to do it?

forclosure

Im a 25 year old black male from Wood Green

did i blow it up? dont know and not sure how to feel about it

nope i didnt intend to blow up dissensus lol

luka

10) Thelonius Monk - Sweet and Lovely

An icon for black men with unique names everywhere first jazz pianist i loved and when he was solo it was always a treat

That strange decending bassline he does on this really shouldnt work its jumps in tone too much Earl Hines never went this out but it works, stride at its most angular

My dad played monk when I was a kid, I must have grown up with it, but I still basically don't get it. I'm not musical enough. Do you know music?

luka

37) Flipper - Ever

Never has something been so atonal yet so catchy and so deeply probing in its questions

Just seeing this shade of yellow makes me know this is something for you and padraig to bond over and for me to no it's not for me. That particular shade.

luka

It is making me think this list. For instance, about that shade of yellow. About things I hate. I mean that in a good way

luka

20 years of dissensus = me Reynolds everyone wanting to be a young West Indian lad from Wood Green

Ends in this doomsday riddle