The Ever Burning Question

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
That playful weirdness vibe used to be huge in kids TV back in the day. And the aussies made some great stuff over the years.

This has to be a hall of famer

sadmanbarty

This one was so tasteful for a kid's show.

i looked that up just now. i'm remembering all these shows.

this one was bizarre. the premise was that if she said something while rubbing the queen's nose on a magical 50p it'd come true. the only one i can remember is the being on school trip and the teacher taking the 50p off of her for some reasons. she holds it and tells the kids they all have to stick together. before you know it they're all covered in honey.

sadmanbarty

my eastenders viewing days were during the trevor & lil mo era, so the theme tune's completely associated with this absolute moral bleakness. :

around the same time they had richard the murderer on corrie, so it was a wicked time for soap operas.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Hoping some non UK dissensi chip in with some shit we might not know about

Ah man, the queen's nose.

What was that kids show from around that same era which had a weird troll thing appear out of the gravel. Think it's name was the samedi or some shit like that. Totally similar vibe.

Are you in your mid 30s version?

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

my dad says he can't listen to this because it reminds him of looking after us while he had double pneumonia. he's missing out.

sadmanbarty

The main things I remember from Eastenders are Bepe's beard, Who shot Phil?, Janine pushing Barry off the cliff and Steve Owen's Mum coming onto him.

wasn't the cliff actually really a bit shit and he just rolled down a hill?

jannine was actually how i learned what prostitution was. educational broadcasting.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
The main things I remember from Eastenders are Bepe's beard, Who shot Phil?, Janine pushing Barry off the cliff and Steve Owen's Mum coming onto him.

Haha Bepe. I do a pretty good impression of Phil. For me it's always gotta be Ricky, Bianca and Robbie/Wellard era.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Gotcha, looks like we were watching the same gear. I'm mid 30s tho

Oh snap how did it take this long for this un

sadmanbarty

pat shagging patrick was great.

there was also some fat bird who love george michael. i was gutted to find out that she'd been murdered after i'd stopped watching. would have loved that.