The Ever Burning Question

poetix

we murder to dissect
Showed an episode of this to my 16-year-old daughter the other day, she was decidedly nonplussed

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
There's something genuinely eerie and arresting about the opening of Noggin the Nog, IMO:

"In the Lands of the North, where the black rocks stand guard against the cold sea, in the dark night that is very long, the men of the Northlands sit by their great log fires and they tell a tale..."

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
4 da yoof

Boomshakalaka

Trillhouse bending the rules but yes! 90s late night yout tv.

That dance energy show and the passengers reminded me of this little nugget which was a VHS magazine out of Canada I believe

Can only find that one online. The same guy has the whole set and posted them all at some point but apparently they all kept getting taken down. Damn shame they're like time capsules. You get such a sense of how it felt back then. And I think you can see how thirdform's theory that 'the good old days never existed' is not 100% true. They were having so much fun!

Another snippet from one of the other issues of NDI

Nu Groove again. Has to be one of the all time great deep house labels. That track that starts about 5 seconds in...

Last edited:

Trillhouse

Considering what the US has been and the direction it's moving in at the moment, the fact that they had, not just a primetime anti-war show, but the "most-watched and highest-rated single television episode" ever show with the opening track being a jaunty little number about how offing yourself is always a good option, is pretty ballsy programming.

forclosure

I might aswell post this since all over anime twitter people were going to war over this show and everybody knew it would happen

also famously sampled (to me anyway) for this Channel U staple

forclosure

I always noticed how the first one is blatently trying to be "Aint to proud to beg" era TLC and the latter is En Vogue