Club Music in 2019

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Westwood posted an IG story the other day of some dancehall festival he was at, dunno where it was, and it was basically hundreds of people simulating shagging while being sprayed with gigantic plumes of foam.

Not to everyone's taste but really put the average boiler room broadcast in the shade.

luka

Yeah I mean part of the 'problem' with clubs now is the dignity levels.

You mean because there's too much? Everyone making sure they display their best side to the omnipresent paparazzi? All of us forced to conform to the logic of celebrity?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Again, this is basically speculative, as I don't go to clubs much. I'm sure there's still plentiful drug casualties gawping around. But I would think with all these phones around people would be more concerned about their image. And young people are supposedly more image conscious now, being weened on social media.

Berghain has that going for it - no photos allowed. That's how you end up with blokes in thongs lapping up urine in the bogs and people getting fisted to Ben Klock.

A hideous scene, perhaps, we don't want to go that far. But you do want people to get lost in those clubs.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The most amazing club experience I had was - of course - my first time on the eccies. I was staggering around gurning like a competition winner in some west country country fayre show, my hands clawed close to my chest like a tyrannasaur. I remembered little to nothing of the whole experience, and suddenly it was 6 or 7am and I was leaving the club, astonished, like I'd been hit by a drug lorry. There are no photos of this.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've always liked clubs where there were some older people present, even when I was a young 'un myself. Not to the exclusion of young people, of course, but so there's a decent range in ages. The thing I was at over the midsummer weekend had people a good decade or more older than me, i.e. 50ish, but I also had a good conversation with a really nice young lad who was 19.

OTOH, I haven't been to Bang Face for a few years now but the last time I went, it seemed half the people there were barely old enough to be in a pub, which was a bit disconcerting.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Again, this is basically speculative, as I don't go to clubs much. I'm sure there's still plentiful drug casualties gawping around. But I would think with all these phones around people would be more concerned about their image. And young people are supposedly more image conscious now, being weened on social media.

Berghain has that going for it - no photos allowed. That's how you end up with blokes in thongs lapping up urine in the bogs and people getting fisted to Ben Klock.

A hideous scene, perhaps, we don't want to go that far. But you do want people to get lost in those clubs.

well, that is always supposed to happen, blokes doing the anal in the warehouse, music box and paradise garage.

the most hideous thing about berghain is the lab.oratory night where people can bring their shit in tubs, sometimes cold, sometimes warm and runny. I didn't know shit fetishes existed in Germany...

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
there isn't even any evidence that in hunter gatherer societies we ate shit. we were very very highly bisexual by the looks of it but eating runny shit in a tupperware tub? any archiologist said anything? bet not. this is weird white people shit. if i had to do that by the command of a dom I'd be reminded of colonialism.

sadmanbarty

i listen to music as the penetrator. thirdform as the penetratee. neither of us like modern club music because there's no penetration at all.

it sounds like two action men rubbing that weird, glossy apricot hump between their legs together.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, not saying any of it's true, but these are the national stereotypes. Obviously your average German doesn't spend their day very seriously and efficiently shifting through shit while listening to techno but there you go.