other_life

bioconfused
(doing the same thing) ftr dilbert youre fine the comments in question just did not feel on topic. its good to have another bolshie on the board even if u get things out of platypus that i cant (because i just dont vibe)

shakahislop

The proofreader mindset. It's the same with media. People whose only form of engagement is sniffing out "problematic" components.
we've probably had this conversation before but have i got news for you reeks of this. it's almost like its been censored. you can see the boredom and the holding back on their faces. paul merton has retreated into some sort of retro knowing carnival act. ok also they're all old.

william_kent

"it's not simply a question of getting hot,
but a matter of how much heat you can take!"

Beatmasters - Burn It Up ( Orange Sunshine Mix )

Baby Ford acid excursion

this shit was top 20 in the UK when kids were overheating on snide E

version

there's a kind of impurity to that kind of writing or speaking. some sort of extra layer between the thought and the reality. something else going on rather than description

I think the appeal lies in a smug distancing and oneupmanship whilst getting to flex one's critical muscles in a relatively low stakes arena.

shakahislop

Shaka speaking for your mum you need to get out of that mental country before it's too late
since i have no respect for staying on the thread topic: i've been thinking about it. not because it's mental particularly but for various reasons including work and visa. england is starting to feel distant now and like i don't get it. when you spend enough time in a place it gets into your bones. america is glorious and wild but its also totally irretrievably fucked, they aren't going to get out of their problems, it doesn't matter for any individual american how much you disagree with the basic setup here, you're in it and there's surprisingly few places to run. even if you're minted. everywhere nearby is still america or its mexico or the carribean. it's not like you can just move to europe or australia even if you want to. and you'd have to have the most supreme optimism to think that much is going to get any better, your options are to inherit a load of money or deal with an insecure grind. you do on the other hand have the best and least conservative art culture film etc etc on the planet and some wild and unhinged cities to get into and absolutely killer nature. but in the long run it's hard to turn your back forever on orderly europe if you have the choice

shakahislop

I think the appeal lies in a smug distancing and oneupmanship whilst getting to flex one's critical muscles in a relatively low stakes arena.
i think it's lashing out. bringing people down a peg or two. a good excuse if you want to give someone a quick slap.