thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Yeah and all your humour is total gold breh. A laugh a minute. Did you not hear people telling you they literally don't want to post here because of you anymore?

Oh lol and now acting like nothing happened. Maaaan. Something else.

who has said that? stop smoking the cannabis.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Rudewhy nailed you to the floor man. You calling it bullying is lazy as shit. What RW said is exactly what people think and exactly why people got so tired of your shit the last time round when you quit for 3 hours

Also, lol at me being the rageful one here

Oh this is fucking rich. one minute you accuse me of trying to speak for all poc, the next minute you claim to speak for the whole bord. hahahahahahahahahahahaha. and three hours is still longer than 15 minutes. that's why maths can't possibly suck.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
look yall, no one's gonna win, so let's just let it go

There's no beef though. I even told rudewhy I wasn't intending to indoctrinate him. 32 posts since 2013. patty is trying to blame me for that. this is bullying. he doesn't want to contribute, and I'm somehow responsible for that, so who is the Stalinist here? It's not me...

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Luka literally said he didn't want to post anymore because of you and what you do to threads just like in this one. Also the thirdform ruined this forum tag which you totally freaked out about yet tried to play like you didn't care. Pming me with fucking read receipts demanding to know who did it. Then publicly accusing me of doing it and then backtracking and trying to act all sweet to me. Have you already forgotten?

so it was you then. good to know.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
third: before all this, I was going to (more gently) suggest getting thread back on-topic

not all diversions are bad, but those two don't seem particularly helpful

1. I'm happy to handwave the great majority of pre-2010s or so dance music as not useful theory-wise in discussing conceptronica

I should have used the word "concept" instead of theory

I said myself multiple one would do better looking to conceptual art than dance music for antecedents

also, they have a point: sometimes your marxist stuff yields fascinating insights, but just as often it devolves to an endless wall of dry text ranting that no one is going to read, let alone engage

brevity, soul of wit, etc

2. if you want to have a thread about the worth of jungle revivalism, start that thread

Tim Reaper etc is also a wholly different thing from Lee Gamble, even if they're using the same reference points

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I can also sight many instances where luke has bigged me up. however unlike you, I am not some kind of weird creepy stalker and don't keep chatlogs for my mates at griesmeuelle to cancel an up and coming dj for their twitter remarks.

padraig (u.s.)

if there's no beef, then just let it go

this is one of the best threads lately (or one of my favorites, anyway), and seems like something you're both nominally interested in

let's get back to that

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
third: before all this, I was going to (more gently) suggest getting thread back on-topic

not all diversions are bad, but those two don't seem particularly helpful

1. I'm happy to handwave the great majority of pre-2010s or so dance music as not useful theory-wise in discussing conceptronica

I should have used the word "concept" instead of theory

I said myself multiple one would do better looking to conceptual art than dance music for antecedents

also, they have a point: sometimes your marxist stuff yields fascinating insights, but just as often it devolves to an endless wall of dry text ranting that no one is going to read, let alone engage

brevity, soul of wit, etc

2. if you want to have a thread about the worth of jungle revivalism, start that thread

Tim Reaper etc is also a wholly different thing from Lee Gamble, even if they're using the same reference points

I agree they have a point. that's not the problem here. the problem is the most disingenuous superficial readings of everything, and yes I've engaged in that myself, Goldsmiths etc. But there's not much to discuss if noone's actually listened to the music is there?

padraig (u.s.)

mods (idk even who the mods are tbh) is there a way to take the last like 5 pages, whenever this nonsense started, and just quarantine it elsewhere?

failing that, just lock the thread and open it up back in a day or two

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
But that's the thing man. And sufi even told you during. It was none of the people who you accused. It certainly wasn't me. Because as I said in that thread, I actually like you. But the thread derailing is killing what's good about this place.

I could ask sufi for a receipt if I really wanted. do you want me to do that?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
do u mean conceptronica or Tim Reaper etc?

Well in general. there's a lot of me and version trying to listen to music new or old, and bassbeyondreason. as well as barty. but luka, patty, corpsey etc are just not in discussing the *actual* music. the problem with that is discussing its social determinant form means the form itself isn't arrived at, so we can't discuss the form and it just becomes surrogate sociology.

version

If this is the thread I'm thinking of then I don't think it was patty. I missed whatever happened and had a pm from sufi the next day saying either it wasn't any of the regulars or wasn't any of the people who'd been mentioned.

padraig (u.s.)

well I made a direct request for people to post conceptronica things and talk about why they like them, or find them interesting

so why don't you do that? version did that and it was good

I'm definitely not interested in talking about Tim Reaper etc - which by no stretch can be called conceptronica - but if other people are, why don't you start a thread for that

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
If this is the thread I'm thinking of then I don't think it was patty. I missed whatever happened and had a pm from sufi the next day saying either it wasn't any of the regulars or wasn't any of the people who'd been mentioned.

correct. I went through a process of elimination. I also know it wasn't patty because I also received that pm. the question, however, if patty wants to make this all conspiracy is whether he used a sock puppet? since he insists on banging on that drum so hard.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
well I made a direct request for people to post conceptronica things and talk about why they like them, or find them interesting

so why don't you do that? version did that and it was good

I'm definitely not interested in talking about Tim Reaper etc - which by no stretch can be called conceptronica - but if other people are, why don't you start a thread for that

I just did. hi definition arca, j.g. bibberkapf logos etc.