Skream - Late Nite Request Line

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Um yes ;listeing to Rossi B and Luca every night so far this week.

Seems a bit late to get into the grime mix game though no doubt I will at some stage give in to the temptation. However after our debut on local radio this Saturday night I am going to take a break for a bit.

Fab video.... you have much more stuff like that Logan?

Last edited:
I woke up this morning wanting to make a post

about this tune but then it's already been here for time lol....im glad that this tune is bridging barriers between the two sub genres etc yadda etc but what's actually so good about the tune?

I don't know if im not hearing it properly but I don't hear it....when I first heard the tune in a mix it jus passed me by but its only when it was singled out and hyped on here that I actually remembered it otherwise....its jus another one of those tunes to me...

please someone explain to a brotha lol.....

bassnation

the abyss
Tactics said:
about this tune but then it's already been here for time lol....im glad that this tune is bridging barriers between the two sub genres etc yadda etc but what's actually so good about the tune?

I don't know if im not hearing it properly but I don't hear it....when I first heard the tune in a mix it jus passed me by but its only when it was singled out and hyped on here that I actually remembered it otherwise....its jus another one of those tunes to me...

please someone explain to a brotha lol.....

yeah, i'm not feeling it as much as some of the other tunes youngsta rinses. pauls right, those synth flourishes are very detroit techno. i like the half steppin gear better personally but i realise i'm swimming against the tide with this one.

nine

variable spray
the weight of the sub singles it out, and this just doesnt translate so well on home listening

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
bassnation said:
yeah, i'm not feeling it as much as some of the other tunes youngsta rinses.
poof.

You liked it last month! Thought it was a classic! :)

It's actually a grower... those industrial music box mechanical melodies just click for me. No, not a big bassline tune, not a charging MC-led banger, but still head and shoulders above most other grime / dubstep records.

Cos Skream can write a tune.
bassnation said:
i like the half steppin gear better personally but i realise i'm swimming against the tide with this one.
you NEED the YoungstaLoefah120505 mix from upthread Marc. Extraordinary music. Genuine 21st century dub, direct from Randy's 81 to Croydon 05.

I tell ya, I DO NOT understand it when ppl like Simon say the scene isn't really cutting it any more. I do not get that AT ALL. To my ears both Grime and Dubstep are delivering now in a way that simply wasn't the case two years ago. Used to be there were quite simply too many rubbish records out there. This year -- even given the ongoing release drought -- there are simply too many good ones.

And there are just enough great mixes around to really keep me stoked.

The next step is to infect John Eden. So much of this is right up his bashment / macro dub infection alley.

PS: quick info request -- is Mark One's Ready For Love out? That's just monstrous, Kanye West on smack meets Conny Plank...

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
2stepfan said:
poof.

You liked it last month! Thought it was a classic! :)

lol, i do still like it - but not as much as those heavy half step tunes by people like loefah. having said that, its wicked to have changes of tone with tunes like this.

i've got that youngsta mix too, been on heavy rotation. i agree, there is some incredible music coming out (although i am late to this particular party, as always ;).

it made me laugh when it looked like some hipsters here were intimating its all over and now passe. probably the most vital uk music for ages - even though its a tiny tiny scene.

2stepfan said:
The next step is to infect John Eden. So much of this is right up his bashment / macro dub infection alley.

does he not like it already? you should take him to fwd, mindblowing!

2stepfan said:
PS: quick info request -- is Mark One's Ready For Love out? That's just monstrous, Kanye West on smack meets Conny Plank...

have you heard his other project, the virus syndicate lp? absolutely loving that "slow down" tune, got it from bleep. nasty dirty subbass with a backwards cut-up 2 step rhythm with some manc-accented spitting over the top.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
bassnation said:
l

does he not like it already? you should take him to fwd, mindblowing!

have you heard his other project, the virus syndicate lp? absolutely loving that "slow down" tune, got it from bleep. nasty dirty subbass with a backwards cut-up 2 step rhythm with some manc-accented spitting over the top.
id take him to dmz - dmz is kicking everytime and more a strict diet of bassweight and upfullness. :)

C

captain easychord

sick video, good to see hyper back at it.

for me he MADE those old Deja Roll Deep B2B NASTY sets. "east side killaz!" "are you ready are you sure!"

Immryr

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ive missed the copies in juno :'[

anyone spot this on other sites?? i wanted to play this at a gig i have on the 7th

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
that tune is big because of the melody and interesting because its a 'in between' tune, a dubstep tune that the grime kids like. Those kind of tunes only come along so often and are always some of my favorites, when people start messing with the formula and decide to get out of the box a bit, end up making something different. Skream has kinda renewed my faith in dubstep, first I hated it, then I heard some yunx and loefah set and I was like 'whoa, this is deep and wierd' and then I got tired of so much halfstepping and cold, too simple melodies and then I got the Skream mix, and now I'm interested again. And yes bigup logan for the clip, can't wait to hear the vocal version of that with Wiley and co that's supposed to be coming.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Yeah, big up Logan for that clip. Really exciting.

Can't remember who it was who said it upthread, but they nailed it by saying LNRL is "catchy". That's it, it's instantly memorable and atmospheric. It would make a good ringtone, rather tragically, but you know what I mean, it lodges there in the mind wonderfully.

bassnation said:

Hey Marc, if u like Slow Down check my Plodder Mix

Badmarsh

I've heard a wicked 4/floor remix of Request Line courteousy of the Qualifide...not sure if that will be coming out however.

Immryr said:
plodder isnt the slow down instrumental, thats called devil man. plodder is the tune on the other side

You positive mate? The side with the sticker on, with 'A' on the run-out plays the slow down instrumental and the side with 'B' on the run-out plays the other track with the 'turn the fuckin music up' sample.

the sticker sez A: Plodder AA: Devil Man, which makes me think I'm correct, but the clips at Juno back you up.

Confused.... :confused:

Last edited: