Dissensus Blogs

sus

I am going to assemble the most powerful boys chat in Discord history and we will take over the world

craner

Beast of Burden
I network nonstop. Already I've found one of the most powerful writer-critic-theorists of my generation (mvuent) and won him over to my cause. Soon I will persuade him to write a book for my press. I am feeling very good about it

Please tell me your networking extends beyond meeting people on Dissensus. Even I can manage that!

sus

Version is a failed recruit. He could be powerful, but he disavows/shuns power.
He's too worried about the responsibility, and the potential for failure/humiliation. But that's just part and parcel of the life of the artist. He messaged me, "What if my archive isn't good enough? What if people laugh at it." I said, one, I will always have your back, but two,, that's impossible.

sus

I think really it's the power of representation that shakes him to his core. He's asking himself, "What right do I have to determine how others are viewed and seen? Who am I to say who they really are?"

sus

Worth noting that Batman is an archetypically American hero and Joker an archetypically European villain. A grim realist in armor, protecting a public ideal despite understanding the world's dark underbelly—fending off a nihilist in face makeup.

sus

Mvuents writing has really grown up. His early work has lots of interesting flashes and aesthetics, showed promise etc. But nowadays there is no speaking of "potential." He has arrived.

linebaugh

Worth noting that Batman is an archetypically American hero and Joker an archetypically European villain. A grim realist in armor, protecting a public ideal despite understanding the world's dark underbelly—fending off a nihilist in face makeup.
The Joker is also fruity like the archetypal evil effiminate european male

sus

That's right, the fruits are ruining our traditional american values. Probably everyone who has ever said the word "relativism" is a closeted gay. Just my $0.02, Maga!!

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

The Dark Knight is the only time The Joker got fruity unless you travel back to the original tv series

A character you can do anything with, look at AA’s rendition, he’s properly menacing

IMG_0748.jpeg

craner

Beast of Burden
Julie Newmar's Catwoman was a distillation of everything that was great about America in the 1960s.

• Wow
Reactions: sus