dilbert1

I only detest Holly’s work on aesthetic grounds, she’s clearly earned all the success and serious attention coming her way. My comment was less that she should be excluded from the book, and more about how much in my eyes her name stands out against the rest of the roster, being the most conceptronic of the lot. She has my “respect,” sure, but not my admiration.

maxi

If you talk to someone in the flesh - especially if they are intoxicated - they are more likely to say something unguarded and revealing. And the quotes have a better feel, it sounds like a human being speaking.
have you ever considered doing a joe rogan-style video podcast interviewing only musicians? could probably make a killing in the music podcast game

blissblogger

have you ever considered doing a joe rogan-style video podcast interviewing only musicians? could probably make a killing in the music podcast game

I haven't really. I am probably better at doing an interview and then writing it up to make both participants seem hyper-articulate and eloquent.

Mind you I have done live on-stage things where I'm interlocutor to someone who has a book out and it's gone pretty well, so maybe.

But I think the era of music podcasts making a killing is gone now - if it ever existed. What people seem to want is controversial political opinions.