Christopher Hitchens As Proto-Culture Warrior/Proto-Intellectual Dark Webber?

It's not Christopher, but this is an amusing line up.

View attachment 14298
What did you make of the zizek essay? He gets to his usual cute inversion

This bit

All of them were exposed to a superego pressure that is far from an authentic call to justice. The black woke elite is fully aware it won’t achieve its declared goal of diminishing black oppression—and it doesn’t even want that. What they really want is what they areachieving: a position of moral authority from which they may terrorize all others, without effectively changing social relations of domination.

The situation of those terrorized by the woke elite is more complex, but still clear: They submit to woke demands because most of them really are guilty of participating in social domination, but submitting to woke demands offers them an easy way out—you gladly assume your guilt insofar as this enables you to go on living the way you did. It’s the old Protestant logic: “Do whatever you want, just feel guilty for it.”

Made me think of the lack of principles in centrism - not much interest in system change, just moral superiority. And the reason they profess to hate the right but more actively shit on the left is because of their shame about abandoning principles, and guilt over complicity and materials … which is semi unconsciously projected onto the deranged and naive youth

version

Just seeing the term 'woke' or 'wokeness' sucks the life out of me. Do I really need to read any more on the subject from any side?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I generally believe that the best way to freeze out unfavorable elements is to ignore them to the greatest practical extent.

edit: rather, this is the preferred way, which isn't always the most effective. IE this is what I'd default to.

entertainment

Just seeing the term 'woke' or 'wokeness' sucks the life out of me. Do I really need to read any more on the subject from any side?
It is hard to steer clear of. We should probably try to freeze it out of here (not that I'm succeeding myself)

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
didn't realize there was a barty/suspended overlap on dissensus!
I can claim the dubious honor of having been catfished, catfush, by Barty. 'Twas a purely discursive exchange, mind you, although I don't doubt his willingness to take such things even further.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
What does that mean?
I'm led to believe Barty created a sock puppet account under a female name, and used it to offer words of support to a grand theory I was elaborating at the time. But if you're asking about the term 'catfishing' in general, it refers to a situation where a man pretends to be a woman online or through some other such remote means of representation, usually with the intention of tricking another man into entering into intimate communications.