Benny Bunter

Seems clear that the Jamaicans are all off their face on Molly now even though they just give it to the girls in the videos, but they're clearly on it themselves too - look at skeng in the videos, he's off his face

Benny Bunter

I always think of this from a couple of years ago, blissfull ambient twinkly loveliness with the most absolute graphic lyrical carnage

Benny Bunter

I don't watch them but I bet the American rap videos have it too. Jamaica seems so much more extreme in everything though

Benny Bunter

I always think of this from a couple of years ago, blissfull ambient twinkly loveliness with the most absolute graphic lyrical carnage

Like, you could say a cliche like "the devil has the best tunes" but with a gorgeous twinkly tune like this, you could easily imagine it having positive Christian lyrics, but it turns out it's about shooting up someone's house and massacring the entire family, which makes it even more evil than the "hard" tunes imo

mvuent

Void Dweller
the inevitable 'woman question'
the book may not mention any female artists, but it does mention a song exploring the premise of wanting to “fuck every girl in the world” so you can’t say that radically inclusive feminist perspectives aren’t represented

mvuent

Void Dweller
was re-listening to a playlist i made of every track mentioned in the book and it's great. as with hardcore/jungle, you come to appreciate the charms of each stage of evolution.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
the book may not mention any female artists, but it does mention a song exploring the premise of wanting to “fuck every girl in the world” so you can’t say that radically inclusive feminist perspectives aren’t represented
This is interesting actually cos I can't think of a female rapper I've heard using autotune ala the lads

Women actually seem to have taken over the 'real rapping' mantle to some extent

Maybe there's even a sort of gender swap going on where women are rapping in a more 'masculine' way while the men sing and wear nail polish

luka

i find it so weird and demented that people think you have to have a female quota in your book and have to grill you about it. thy get it from university and the enforced gender studies programme i guess.