How many songs do you know?

luka

its a slightly unsettling amount of booze to drink that eh. dont know if youre coming or going

woops

is not like other people
Bargain basement of HMV Ken High Street circa 1989, last days of the closing down sale, sleeves and discs and liners strewn around by merciless crate diggers and cast off goth refugees from Hyper Hyper
default.jpg
they're not goths

haji

lala
that poster was from 82 apparently, when hyper hyper opened across the rd from ken market, or maybe inside ken market?
i did say 89 though yeah

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Disorganised digitally, on it with physical copies, so overall cataloging is just about intact

Mp3’s have an inbuilt ability to make you forget information (all digital formats have achieved it) by removing the focus on sleeve art

Sleeve art is as important as names, melody, lyrics and beats. Not as a quasi vinyl is best gimp, just through the eye being involved

woops

is not like other people
Disorganised digitally, on it with physical copies, so overall cataloging is just about intact

Mp3’s have an inbuilt ability to make you forget information (all digital formats have achieved it) by removing the focus on sleeve art

Sleeve art is as important as names, melody, lyrics and beats. Not as a quasi vinyl is best gimp, just through the eye being involved
there's so much music out there that i'm half tempted to make a case for the pleasure of not knowing, hearing a track in a mix with no tracklist by an unknown dj that you'll never knowingly hear again

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I wish I could remember anything else as easily as I remember music. Particularly stuff I read. I must forget a good 99% of everything I read.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
there's so much music out there that i'm half tempted to make a case for the pleasure of not knowing, hearing a track in a mix with no tracklist by an unknown dj that you'll never knowingly hear again

The unknowns play a big part, especially on mixes. You don’t want to always crack the magic, but you can also go full Poirot and find it decades later. The worst are lost tracks on lost mixes. Fair few of those kind of ear thieves when a tape has gone awol/kaput

It balances out, bit like different drugs

hucks

Your Message Here
Realised yesterday I know the chorus of Circle in the Sand by Belinda Carlisle. Also Leave a Light On.
It’s not like that’s an impressive feat of recall but it’s a bit weird. I won’t have heard those songs more than 5 times each in my life.

craner

Beast of Burden
Realised yesterday I know the chorus of Circle in the Sand by Belinda Carlisle. Also Leave a Light On.
It’s not like that’s an impressive feat of recall but it’s a bit weird. I won’t have heard those songs more than 5 times each in my life.

That’s because they’re amazing songs by an amazing woman.