PRINCE WAS AUTISTIC

Benny Bunter

Evidence: 11 min jam recorded in one night in which he plays every instrument. A masterpiece but he didn't even release it.

forclosure

i'm not sure this really deserved its own thread but ok

also Luke please PLEASE be very careful with how you explain this cause it can get really embarassing very quickly

luka

I can't explain it I just had a blinding insight in the midst of intoxication

forclosure

also i dunno man these kind of takes where it comes to musicians being autistic or showing traits of being on the spectrum, they've never sat well with me cause it feels like it falls back on that old bullshit myth of being on the spectrum provides you with this innate talent when it comes to the arts that is so often far from it.

I'm certain there's alot of people out there who WISH they could've had the skills that Prince did maybe in the face of assessors and work coaches it would give em a reason not to cancel their benefits lol

woops

is not like other people
I've just realised he's obviously autistic
It's his world as much as his music that you're buying into.

Guy had autistic levels of creative freedom. But fortunately also the work ethic to go with it. Ofc there's fluff, but the highs are high. I Wanna Be Your Lover is so on point. Amazing piece of pop writing but with all kinds of shit tucked away in there to make it weird and different to other stuff going on at that time. The instrumental at the end.... And his abilities to perform, dance & sing made him at his peak, one of the all time greats. Saw him live twice. First time at the O2 on shrooms lol with maceo parker. Did a long set and an amazing and long encore. Some bits were so funky it hurt. And then it rained purple at the end. One of my most memorable gigs easily. And this was in the 00s. 2nd time I saw him he was in decline but still a powerhouse.