sus

Can you translate to American time please what is this Greenwich Standard nonsense I want Mountain Time I want Central Time I want that Silicon Valley Standard

sus

Mvuent my first question for you is this

Your work on "worlds" echoes many of my own explorations. We have several threads here on Dissensus about worlding. Meanwhile, Peli Grietzer has written extensively on "vibe" as a kind of world-capturing. There have been essays for and against world-building. Simon has written about the worlds created by conceptronica.

It seems to me this sort of thinking is very much in the water. Do you agree? If so, what do you think it says about the current moment?

David Chapman writes, very relatedly I think,
The countercultures wrongly rejected rationality, because the systematic mode had absolutized it. The subcultures rejected universalism—rightly, but absolutely, which made nation-scale structures impossible. Atomization made coherence impossible, which could become disastrous. During the eras of these three modes, rational, large-scale, coherent systems became increasingly inconceivable—but without them, civilization is impossible. The fluid mode [to come] must reinstate rationality, universality, and coherence, but with recognition of their nebulosity. In fluidity, systems are relativized, not eliminated.

And I can't help but wonder whether the desire to create/navigate/inhabit worlds is a regressive impulse to return back to the subcultural mode, for those atomized, or a step forward into the fluid mode. What do you make of all this?

wektor

who is Ian? Been a bit out lately and I'm not up to date with the current nicknames on the forum

wektor

pints-of-guinness-irish-post.jpg

It's this many. unbelievable.

luka

its mental. the sad thing is he did want to live. ive always been slightly ambivalent on the question but for him there was no doubt being alive was desireable.