luka

theres a amazon store just behind me and woopsies office which works in the same way. pick up a box of bicarbonate of soda and walk out, no interaction with any human or even any computer screen,

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yeah all these little things are gonna keep piling up, breaking the ground for an anti-tech movement to eventually flourish.

luka

i'll probably be too cowardly to firebomb the machines but i'll be cheering on those who do

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Somewhat similarly, AT&T just sent a text to my flip phone a few days ago to alert me that the 3G service network my phone depends on is being discontinued, so I'm gonna move up to a family member's old iphone. Fascinating, how that works.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yeah the paradox is glaring, isn't it? I was really the only adamant anti-social-media person I knew in college.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I can definitely understand why someone would feel like they've been hooked onto some consumer agenda, and the only way to opt out is to incur significant social and professional disadvantage.

luka

sort of wish i'd been wise enough to resist social media when it got invented but i love an audience anyway
and i didn't have the foresight to see the problems it would bring with it.

poetix

we murder to dissect
they cant even get self-driving cars to work that turned out to be a load of bollocks
My hopes of being vindicated in never learning to drive by the replacement of human drivers by our new robot overlords have been cruelly dashed. At this rate I may have to cave in and book some lessons so I can spend hours doing something unfathomably dangerous to myself and others inside a metal box with two squabbling children.

luka

i don't know how to drive either. i did learn actually but i failed my theory test and i decided that meant the gods were against the whole operation. what i remember most is getting out of the seat after my first lesson and seeing it completely drenched in sweat, sopping wet, wringing.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My hopes of being vindicated in never learning to drive by the replacement of human drivers by our new robot overlords have been cruelly dashed. At this rate I may have to cave in and book some lessons so I can spend hours doing something unfathomably dangerous to myself and others inside a metal box with two squabbling children.
It's really not that bad. I've been driving for years and I've hardly killed anyone.