NTS radio

version

Haven't checked the site in a while, but they used to do pics of people in the little studio when they did a show.

Wouldn't be surprised if some send in recordings, seems like a bunch do actually show up irl though and I imagine when you get people like Theo on there it's when they're in London for gigs.

shakahislop

Shaka youre an idiot theyve been in dalston for years. You used to be able to sit in gillett square and listen to the studio from outside

Proper basic knowledge
Weird, when I open the app most of the shows say 'los angeles' 'berlin' 'marseille' and so on, I assumed that meant that's where it was being recorded

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
They do have shows from other cities, mostly on channel 2 but most of the ones on channel 1 come from London or (less often) Manchester.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
This was an interesting show. As an ignoramus I'd never heard of Colin Dale but he talks about clubbing and DJing in London and picks various great boogie, house, electro and techno tunes. ("Hip Hop Bepop" is incredible.)

Made me seek out old radio sets of his and this one's banging

@luka used to be a colin dale tape collector. this is what happens when you let him influence you too much. He even likes a bit of nazi dumb n bass, as you yourself can attest.

rubberdingyrapids

Not been in love with radio since rinse became rinse mk2 but i got into nts in the pandemic, not touched it in a few years. Seems like a massive playlist swamp really, hard to navigate. I know theres good stuff on there, and cool knowledgeable hosts, but somehow also seems anonymous, idk why.

dilbert1

Really? Less than a minute in to browsing and I’m already listening to Anthony Fantano live broadcasting his Drake vs Kendrick takes to callers and contemplating buying this neat $300 sweatshirt

IMG_6830.png

dilbert1

People really are leaving genre behind for “mood,” this is where clicking ‘Explore’ immediately sent me. Interesting the emphasis on passivity, ‘lean back,’ ‘healing space’ (man laying down) and ‘sedative’ all have their own homes. Spotify AI gives way to the NTS NPC

IMG_6831.jpg

catalog

The app is a bit annoying on my phone, in that if I listen live, I can't do anything else on my phone, opening anything else stops it playing live.

I got in touch with their support about it and to their credit, they did reply, but it's still a shoddy affair.

So I tend to go for explore too but I also have a mental list of all the ones I like...

Scratcha
Conor thomas
Tom boogizm
Hesska
5 gate temple

0bleak

I was wondering if you could combine the moods.
i'd be interested in hearing a combination of music to dance to/maximum effort/nosebleed/audio research/lsd.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
reviewed on cogs by the sadly departed and missed bunnyhausen thanks to the utterly frigid Cleggy incontenents on here.

anyway she's right. nothing comes close to this in breakcore.