IMDb RatingYour Rating
The Shawshank Redemption
1. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)9.2
The Godfather 2. The Godfather (1972)9.2
The Dark Knight 3. The Dark Knight (2008)9.0
The Godfather: Part II 4. The Godfather: Part II (1974)9.0
12 Angry Men 5. 12 Angry Men (1957)9.0
Schindler's List 6. Schindler's List (1993)8.9
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 7. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)8.9
Pulp Fiction 8. Pulp Fiction (1994)8.8
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 9. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)8.8
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Can't argue with any of these.

version

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed

Version have you made a favorite 100 film list yet?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Is a film bro distinct from a letterbox user?
Letterboxd is interesting because it seems to be a convergence of film bros (essentially centrist male film lovers, but the term often has a connotation of a lack of self-awareness) and farther-left artists and film academics.

Fight Club is quinessential film bro.

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 11.12.59 AM.png

craner

Beast of Burden
Why is Corpsey so obssessed with lists? Is it a yearning for order? For control? If you can't make sense of what is going on inside you, read a list somebody else made.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Films real people like
"I've met the man on the street, he's a cunt"

I know it's not exactly the same thing but I can't help thinking that there isn't much difference between the man on the street and a real person - they probably hang around together and have many of the same interests, specifically I can't imagine I'm way off when I say that there is a big overlap in their taste in film.

craner

Beast of Burden
I notice that nobody likes Vertigo, Citizen Kane or Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

version

What's Letterboxd?

A social media site for logging films.