actually found the worst album ever made

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
@luka always goes for slim pickings. this is much worse than Massive Attack. About 5 billion times worse than Primal Scream.

It's so bad one cannot enjoy how bad it is.

If someone in your social circle candidly telling everyone who they had the hots for (no matter their age or position in relation to them, or marrital status) that they wanted to shag their brains out, with no sense of trepidation or self-consciousness is rightly seen as creepy and predatory today, then this album can only be equated to the nice guy sex pest. One to feel violated and soiled when listening to, even more than any extreme metal (which can actually be life affirming and uplifting.) The Earth Might not be a cold dead place, but I'd rather it be than a nonce haven. Diabolical.

shakahislop

i listened to this revising for my GCSEs, i loved it, it was amazing to me, i'd never heard anything like it before, i found it very beautiful, it was like the slow bits of smashing pumpkins tunes that i liked but taken to an extreme

shakahislop

they seem like earnest southern men with no interest in being remotely cool, they're in a different ecosystem

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is this 'post rock'?

A lot of my former colleagues were into 'post rock' and 'math rock' and so on

shakahislop

Is this 'post rock'?

A lot of my former colleagues were into 'post rock' and 'math rock' and so on
yeah but so post that there's no rock left. post-post-rock. it's more all the crescendos and feel of classical music updated to include guitar effects pedals and a four piece rock combo band. the last big post-rock band actually, right at the end of a lineage, really nowhere left to go from there

shakahislop

they're still trudging around the world to this day doing their thing, still raking in a bit of cash i'd imagine, probably enough that they don't have to get other jobs, probably not enough that they can just call it a day, so they have to every now and then leave their wives children and houses to go to mid-range hotel rooms and mid-level concert halls for a few months, flights every few days, coffee from a different shop every morning, trying not to catch a cold, standing in front of probably increasingly less into it audiences, i wonder what they think about it all

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i listened to this revising for my GCSEs, i loved it, it was amazing to me, i'd never heard anything like it before, i found it very beautiful, it was like the slow bits of smashing pumpkins tunes that i liked but taken to an extreme

wow even more nonce apologism.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
There is a style of music I call "Shitty Paedophile Music" (e.g. Belle and Sebastian). This isn't Shitty Paedophile Music but it IS shitty paedophile music, if you know what I mean.

shakahislop

not what I had in mind for "post-rock", not at all
its one thing i wonder about every now and then, how sometimes it would be useful to go back and change the names of genres. the obvious example for dissensus is dubstep, which now refers to two totally different kinds of music, and most people who like one would absolutely hate the other. and then to try to explain which you're talking about tends to involve sounding like a total bellend, 'oh no i mean proper dubstep, back when it was good'. post-rock isn't in a dissimilar situation. at some point the labelling has broken down and doesn't work anymore.