WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Remember them being criticized at the time by some on the scene for being "punk Grateful Dead", with all the long songs and guitar jams.

EDIT: should have tagged @WashYourHands here...

my older brother should be answering here, among his go to bands, not a group I have too much experience of beyond the usual

what stands is an ear for harmony with lead guitars uncommon beyond incongruent chapters in American music. To my judgemental ears the bass would gain much more hefty creativity if you had a Jack Casady or Jah Wobblw wibble merchant wandering all over certain octaves, rather than quite rigid lines I can play. That’s a taste thing as much as criticism

woops

is not like other people
music that begets a poem that transforms a child's gift into a drop of water is also good

Leo

I'll never get the COTD hate. It's a place to post a tune you're currently enjoying, one that doesn't fit into an existing thread and isn't special enough to deserve its own. why is that concept so offensive?

version

I'll never get the COTD hate. It's a place to post a tune you're currently enjoying, one that doesn't fit into an existing thread and isn't special enough to deserve its own. why is that concept so offensive?

Yeah, I've heard loads of good stuff through those threads I doubt people would have bothered posting elsewhere.

Benny Bunter

Version just said it - you "relegate" potentially interesting topics to COTD. Why not just start a new thread? If it's not special enough enough, why bother posting it at all?

version

I don't think it's that a tune's not special enough, you just don't always have a thread worth of shit to say about it beyond it banging.

version

Another thing about the COTD threads is you stumble across stuff you might not have bothered with had it been in a specific thread, e.g. someone's not that arsed about dancehall but hears a dancehall tune they like because it's in a mixed thread rather than a dedicated one they wouldn't open.

Reactions: Leo

Benny Bunter

Another thing about the COTD threads is you stumble across stuff you might not have bothered with had it been in a specific thread, e.g. someone's not that arsed about dancehall but hears a dancehall tune they like because it's in a mixed thread rather than a dedicated one they wouldn't open.
Seems fairly unlikely you'd bother to even click on a dancehall tune, say, on the cotd thread if you weren't arsed about dancehall. At least I wouldn't, maybe just me.

version

Seems fairly unlikely you'd bother to even click on a dancehall tune, say, on the cotd thread if you weren't arsed about dancehall. At least I wouldn't, maybe just me.

I tend to listen to everything that gets posted in there, either as it's posted or wait for a few to build up then go through them all.