DannyL

Wild Horses

That Lex Luger sound was a proper game-changer when it first really started making an impact. The Memphis style had been ubiquitous at points before I think, that "southern rap" stereotype beat but these just started obliterating systems. Everything sounded the same really but it was just so bass-heavy, so rowdy, certain tunes dropped in clubs and it would just explode ha
The first Lex x Juicy J tape is good but it was this, the second one, where everything just seemed to coalesce. It's just such a mad tape, i could probably still do most verses to it (in private)
I had a work van at the time, and was this was the big tape for me tbh, had it on several times a week. I remember pulling up at a set of lights in Eltham, windows down, banging it out, getting a look from some woman like you fucking dickhead. Never wound a window up quicker.
What a tape

Ideally you want the No-DJ version of this but not sure how you'd get hold of it now.
Love this tape. Juicy J does sound like a proper sex criminal though. Most rappers sound like they're putting it on a bit, he sounds fully committed and would need tagging before being allowed out into the commmunity.

That's a compliment btw.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Sorry shouldn't do that really, intruding on the thread.

Never heard that 'work' one back in those days

wild greens

Hustle hard probably the one that reminds me of lex luger the most but that juicy j rubbaband business 2 was just right moment right time then & i think 36 was ingrained in my head because of welcome to Hollyhood as well

BMF massive but never got on with wacka really