US Airspace Activity

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Or to divert attention from that chemical train explosion.

The whole thing reminds me of that story a while back of americans getting sick around Cuban embassies due to some mysterious soundwave, all turned out to be nonsense.
I thought this was still regarded as unresolved? At any rate, I find it hard to believe anyone on the US side would deliberately make this up, as it makes them sound like they've been outwitted by an enemy with access to superior technology - hardly a big PR win.

That said, I suppose even spies can be, well, spooked - in fact they're probably especially prone to it.

Leo

Or to divert attention from that chemical train explosion.

The whole thing reminds me of that story a while back of americans getting sick around Cuban embassies due to some mysterious soundwave, all turned out to be nonsense.

That train derailment explosion/toxic fire has been covered by every major media outlet starting a week ago. are you saying it hasn't?

version

It might have something to do with generating bipartisan support for this.

"... the administration's Pentagon budget proposal now faces a skeptical House Republican majority, which is seeking to force spending cuts tied to any plans to raise the debt limit."

Leo

it's upside down bizarro world, Republicans have always been staunch defenders of military spending and always pushed to increase the pentagon's budget, and Democrats have always fought military budget increases and sided with taking dollars from there for social programs or to lower the debt.

william_kent

judging by this morning's headlines, it is now open season on balloons - Rishi Sunak has pledged the RAF will shoot them down on sight

I can imagine the carnage that will follow, what with it being Valentines Day today - all those romantic flights for two in a hot air balloon ruined as an exocet tears through the fabric, armed police storming children's birthday parties, and the bloodshed at clubs and raves as snipers headshot ravers huffing on their noz...

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
it's upside down bizarro world, Republicans have always been staunch defenders of military spending and always pushed to increase the pentagon's budget, and Democrats have always fought military budget increases and sided with taking dollars from there for social programs or to lower the debt.
That was before the Republicans became a subsidiary of the Kremlin, of course.