Playing instruments with other people

version

best bassist story has to be the one from Les Rallizes Denudes

hijacked a plane, "take us to Cuba!", forced landing in North Korea

#bad life choices

Some of those Japanese bands really took things to another level. There are some absurd stories about Hanatarash. The infamous bulldozer gig, dead cats being cut in half, circular saws, attempts at petrol bombing their own stage.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Some of those Japanese bands really took things to another level. There are some absurd stories about Hanatarash. The infamous bulldozer gig, dead cats being cut in half, circular saws, attempts at petrol bombing their own stage.
Sounds like an early Neubauten gig.

william_kent

this was 3 weeks ago. Im failing to see the jump. but I will leave that up to the experts

there was a power move a couple of years ago, the ( according to a close female friend ) "cute" one was ousted, ( she left because of "health reasons" ), etc.,

william_kent

coincidence - or synchronicity?

i was watching some youtube video yesterday, which was interrupted by an ad for some metal gig in Leeds, UK

no idea who the headliner was, but support was Babymetal...

it's sometime in a couple of months, but if all goes to plan I will actually be in Japan

not that i would have gone to the leeds gig anyway, god forbid

linebaugh

you see the dream of japan most clearly with this babymetal stuff. Its actually the most sci fi thing about their society, that they give million dollar production value to entertainment ventures like this. all the technology integration they do is just gimmick, its not fully realized, but babymetal is indistinguishable from some band that might be made up for a cyberpunk anime

william_kent

Sounds like an early Neubauten gig.

i saw neubauten on their SECOND gig at the Hacienda on the recommendation of a friend who saw their FIRST gig there: "they threw milk bottles into a cement mixer, glass was flying everywhere, they took pneumatic drills to the ceiling, concrete was flying everywhere"

but on the SECOND gig, dull, dull, dull

management had had a word

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i saw neubauten on their SECOND gig at the Hacienda on the recommendation of a friend who saw their FIRST gig there: "they threw milk bottles into a cement mixer, glass was flying everywhere, they took pneumatic drills to the ceiling, concrete was flying everywhere"

but on the SECOND gig, dull, dull, dull

management had had a word
Health & Safety ruining everything good, as per. 😡

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I saw them a few years ago and thought they were pretty good, although obviously I wasn't expecting any particularly crazy or dangerous stage antics.

mvuent

Void Dweller
I think he's moving right now, or is about to move, or just moved. I think a 'help mvuent style his new flat' thread will be very good once we see him logged on again
yes any advice on this front would be appreciated. the apartment i'm about to move into is sort poised between the affluent minneapolis suburbs and an endless expanse of strip malls. the other residents seem exclusively to be mexican and somali families. i have no furniture or decoration besides a bed atm.

mvuent

Void Dweller
never played in a band but lately i have been wondering if there are hidden strengths to the band approach that you don't get as a solo electronic music auteur. rather than having to decide every single detail you just devote all your brainpower to developing one stupid little part. not sure if that's good or wasteful.

woops

is not like other people
never played in a band but lately i have been wondering if there are hidden strengths to the band approach that you don't get as a solo electronic music auteur. rather than having to decide every single detail you just devote all your brainpower to developing one stupid little part. not sure if that's good or wasteful.
i would probably RATHER have been in a band. i can remember discovering laptop music in 2001 and thinking wow i don't actually need a band. but in retrospect yh