what are the top 5 potential bad boy tunes?

blissblogger

not capitalizing the name potential bad boy has led to confusions

(or are they just taking the piss?)

can i vote twice each for 'work the box (let's go)' and 'bad girl'?

cos there's loads of other good ones, but those are the supreme Chris Mac tunes (pre-UK Garage at any rate)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
not capitalizing the name potential bad boy has led to confusions

(or are they just taking the piss?)

can i vote twice each for 'work the box (let's go)' and 'bad girl'?

cos there's loads of other good ones, but those are the supreme Chris Mac tunes (pre-UK Garage at any rate)

no you cannot.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
honorable mentions:

Warning (remix)

Was gonna put this in top 5 but had to go for the primitive one. mad breakbeat hyperaccelerated dub science!

Chase-n a Dream A2.

94 nutty ardkore rnb style

Skip to My loop (serious 93 amenizm!)

c.m.c - release the energy/primitive - coming from the jungle (it's the same record, but got a remix fuckry between limited editions 4 and 11 if memory serves) blueprint scorching jungle techno!

blissblogger

Earlier this year I actually made a YouTube playlist with every single Chris Mac tune in it - or at least nearly every single one - in the UKG era he did some run of the mill remixes so I started flagging at that point. but yeah I think I have every hardcore and jungle tune there, at least where it's on YouTube

it's roughly chronological but then it goes haywire - it starts with hardcore, then jungle, then drum and bass (Potential Bad Boy at this point becoming a bit average, flagging), then 2step garage (recharged inspiration, at least at first - quite quickly it gets a bit rote). But then I realised I'd missed a lot of jungle and some hardcore alter egos so there's a load more of that at the end (couldn't be arsed dragging each of these later YouTube clip up to the top of the list). so there's a kind of loop, which is a bit nummy if you think about it.

I read an interview with Chris Mac recently - seem to recall that he'dg one back to D&B and the nostalgia market but can't remember if has done any actual releases or was just deejaying a lot.

But to the thread challenge - in terms of a pick not already picked, this one does the job undeniably I think

dilbert1

I’d love to participate properly but its too difficult for me. Potential Bad Boy, Gerald and Lennie De Ice are kind of the holy trinity for me. Sky Joose as well. PBB probably the hardest to narrow down, very prolific with all the amazing Ibiza releases