RIP MARK STEWART

luka

and you need to decide what generation you belong to. are you 40 or 60? make up your mind. you need to be consistent. are you millwall or manchester? the story is too sloppy. it undermines trust.

luka

he wouldnt 'claim' Mill Wall (as they weirdly pronounce it) if he was from lancashire. i think youre literaly from gillingham hence the name. we need clarity. @catalog does he have a northern accent or not?

william_kent

he wouldnt 'claim' Mill Wall (as they weirdly pronounce it) if he was from lancashire. i think youre literaly from gillingham hence the name. we need clarity. @catalog does he have a northern accent or not?

my brother lives in Wisconsin now...

but we briefly lived down south which is when he jumped ship when he saw Millwall in action against the local team - "some guys ran ahead and smashed all the shop windows with hammers and then the guys behind them filled bin bags with the contents of the shops and that's when I knew that is the team I must support"

william_kent

the great thing about this guy is he dont exist. mark k punk invented him. no one has heard his music cos hes not real

the weird thing about this is..

I once saw him "live" at Manchester Poly, now known as Mickey Mouse University

and the details escape me

it was billed as "Mark Stewart and the Maffia / Tackhead Sound System" and the army surplus clad industrial brigade had spread rumours that Tackhead / Sugarhill Gang were going to funk it it up , a set that would be recorded and then played back with Mark Stewart fucking up the mixing desk, pushing everything into the red zone, and interjecting post punk slogans through the mic...

but what we got was Gary Clail playing some On-U Sound discoplates through a PA and Mark Stewart gouching out... occasionally Gary Clail would declaim "On-U Sound in the area!" while Mark Stewart drooled down his shirt

luka

but i definitely had never heard of him before mark k punk made him up for a laugh. hes definitely not real.

martin

----
Saw Mark Stewart & The Maffia supporting Whitehouse and the Aphex Twin the night before my 29th birthday, he's definitely real*. First time I saw K-Punk too, when he'd dyed his hair pink.

* though, pre-internet, someone told me he'd gone to Vietnam and disappeared, which was a much better story.

version

Saw Mark Stewart & The Maffia supporting Whitehouse and the Aphex Twin the night before my 29th birthday, he's definitely real*. First time I saw K-Punk too, when he'd dyed his hair pink.

* though, pre-internet, someone told me he'd gone to Vietnam and disappeared, which was a much better story.

That's a serious line-up.

luka

craner says the hair dye was the first sign of his slip into madness. that and the 'K' chain with the fake diamonds

luka

thats when he lost his grip and started accumulating acoyltes rather than speaking to peers. thats craners take and i think its convincing.

luka

we were perturbed. craner says it was the deforming force of a spurious kind of internet fame warping his personality.

luka

although by todays standards the numbers were negligable. i think he was getting, what, 1000 hits a day? was it as high as that? possibly as high as that. compared to internet fame today where youre taling 100,000 minimum i guess.

william_kent

although by todays standards the numbers were negligable. i think he was getting, what, 1000 hits a day? was it as high as that? possibly as high as that. compared to internet fame today where youre taling 100,000 minimum i guess.

my boss's daughter had to abandon her career as an "influencer" because she couldn't break the 50 thousand follower mark

luka

i would of said, 50k is a lot love, just be a minor influencer. its ok not to be the best.

william_kent

I think she landed on her feet, she's got a noddy job at some place where you can just take holidays willy-nilly... as long as you're not doing 365 days off a year, they pay you.... seems a sweet deal to me