Crap garage anthems

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Someone in my office has got one of those UK garage classics Spotify playlists on.

Lots of gold ofc but then there's "Babycakes".

Made me wonder what are the crappest garage anthems. You might even like them in spite of the crapness. That's how I feel about "Sambuca".

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
All of those are miles better than I gotta get through this, which I can't stand.

also wow corpsey enters the real world, his colleague listens to garage anthems spotify playlist.

Benny Bunter

Do you really like it? Is it is it wicked - absolute crap.

Baby cakes would be charming but the singing is so badly out of tune it ends up being painful.

Monsta boy Sorry - file with Justin Bieber Sorry. Awful sentiment, pathetic insincere crybullying that I should hate but I don't somehow.

Gotta get thru this is classic, better than all of the above

wild greens

Surely in a thread about "crap garage" taste is irrelevant

I was amazed to hear this at an Essex wedding a few years back, maybe the worst of the lot

boxedjoy

the problem with hearing garage outside of a club/mix ie on compilations/playlists/normal radio, is that it's not pitched up to how it should sound, and in circumstances like a workplace Spotify playlist I bet you can't hear the bass the way it should be heard/felt

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Surely in a thread about "crap garage" taste is irrelevant

I swear david icke has killed your lots puny braincells. the dialectic, that is to say the relation that connects the two on the contrary makes taste ever more necessary when talking about trash.

the problem with hearing garage outside of a club/mix ie on compilations/playlists/normal radio, is that it's not pitched up to how it should sound, and in circumstances like a workplace Spotify playlist I bet you can't hear the bass the way it should be heard/felt
And in a mix!

Benny Bunter

Nah, this is great -such a perfectly simple, catchy, but tough beat. Dnd were great producers. There was a good set I used to listen to with, I think, Spyro where he was dropping in loads of little snatches of old ukg classics in amongst grime etc, and when the beat for this came in it sounded fucking brilliant

There's no way you can say babycakes is better than that - it's like a damp dishcloth in comparison

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
gotta get through this has a good d'n'd produced beat its true but bedingfields voice is so irritating.

It's like Craig David, that half arsed brit rnb just falls flat. if he just had the gotta get through this bit on its own it would be uber classic but when he goes into the malisma I'm like nah.

The full vocal mix of Wookey's battle is an all time classic though. Now that's anthem done right.