Tales from the scene

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
there's a lot I could say about this but the counter-culture (or to be more precise, the welfare state) was largely funded off the backs of immigrants from britain's ex-colonies and those states which were caught up in inter-war anglo-french imperialist territorial rivalries.

If we're talking about things like hip hop, techno, jungle, grime, those were funded through much more dubious means, much more tied to the black market economy. Dicking around in squats has never been a good recipe for serious music, I have to say. And that's why a lot of squat bands almost sound whimsy and quaint in retrospect.

shakahislop

there's a lot I could say about this but the counter-culture (or to be more precise, the welfare state) was largely funded off the backs of immigrants from britain's ex-colonies and those states which were caught up in inter-war anglo-french imperialist territorial rivalries.
was it?

william_kent

to what extent do we all believe in this?

I lived this, I spent a decade selling weed while I was on the dole, fully funded by the welfare state while writing my never to be published, because I never wrote it, magnum opus, and taping my industrial collective's sonic warfare full frontal assault on CONTROL centre, except I never let go of the pause button on the crappy tape recorder, whilst indulging in full on subversive activities ( err, shoplifting ) that were only interrupted by once a fortnight visits to the job centre, but unfortunately i didn't get past "once upon a time" in the manuscript of my groundbreaking major novel because... reasons...zzzzzz ( sputnik coproxamyl special brew )

and then it became too much work to claim benefits and my life effectively ended

i pity the millennial youth who don't have the opportunity to live rent free in squats and waste their time in futile attempts to dismantle society

Talk for long enough with anyone who reads or is obsessed about any subject and you’ll eventually hit on a NO WAY moment of recognition or synchronicity and feel magical

Dissensus early years were already a kind of meta scene, cultural commentary outsider thing, very broad, grime to critical theory and not superficial either, people who knew their shit and were involved .. seemingly. It was connected to a world of blogs and music, events

Reactions: sus

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's an important point. nothing good ever came out of squats. i mean, just look at them. yucky.

Freddyfreshsales 14 May 2014
Actions
referencing Pain Killer E.P. (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, EP, Grey Marbled) EX-11
After the success of Maximum Pulse I was asked to do a follow up. I borrowed TB 303 from Woody McBride and was living in a dark basement in St. Paul where I had holes drilled into my synths and drum machines and held them down with bicycle locks as I was in constant fear that they would be stolen while I delivered pizzas. I borrowed an old guitar amp and ran the 909 kick drum thru this amp to get the dark kicks on here and also the fizzled out distorted sound, (I actually kept getting light shocks thru the cable as I was also working on a cement basement floor which only made it worse.)

This is what you need, proper paranoia!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Dissensus early years were already a kind of meta scene, cultural commentary outsider thing, very broad, grime to critical theory and not superficial either, people who knew their shit and were involved .. seemingly. It was connected to a world of blogs and music, events
]

Not true, but you lack the discipline to understand why. too busy letting luke treat you as a substitute barty. go to war with him!

]

Not true, but you lack the discipline to understand why. too busy letting luke treat you as a substitute barty. go to war with him!
Luke is my friend, my friend who I meet and do drugs and take pints with, which is why you might see similar behaviour as Barty who is also his friend. But I disagree and argue with him over lots of fundamental stuff. Maybe if you grew a set we could be your friend too, or I could go to war with you I’m only up the road remember!