Tales from the scene

sus

Yes because he was being very rude to me and Wes. It's no good spitting in the cup someone hands you

sus

It's the hipster politics of Generation X/early millennials, when there was still a mainstream/counterculture divide, so you always try to slip out of any identification, reject any foray into mutual recognition, endless Bourdieusean games

today there are only subcultural bubbles, it is self-defeating to squirm away

sus

to be fair I think that if anyone brings up their BMW, asking if their life is empty is fair game. it's a pretty established cultural rhythm. someone drives fancy sports car to show off; someone else takes the piss. I also considered asking whether his drip-tip still works, but it was too cliche.

sus

telling people you own a BMW is a very Tea move. I mean, the content is clearly different, Tea would never own a BMW. but the form is the same. does that make sense?

luka

craners bmw was self aware. craner is a character. he is one of the greatest comic inventions of our age. hes not a real person.

sus

If any of you knew how to behave you would've have kindly regaled us with stories of your youth. Little memory reminisces of hanging out together. Your dreams and disappointments and interpersonal dramas.

sus

It's basically the lowest bar of content possible. "Oldtimer, tell us stories of your youth." You can have spittle all over your chin getting mopped up by the nurse, totally amnesiac, and still tell a story about how you bought a harmonica for a nickel and played it to all your train hobo friends in exchange for a handy

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
It's basically the lowest bar of content possible. "Oldtimer, tell us stories of your youth." You can have spittle all over your chin getting mopped up by the nurse, totally amnesiac, and still tell a story about how you bought a harmonica for a nickel and played it to all your train hobo friends in exchange for a handy

scenic scenery