Revisiting Citta Violenta

sus

Nobody died that year. Nobody prospered. There were no births or marriages. Seventeen reverent satires were written—disrupting a cliché and, presumably, creating a genre. That was a dream, of course, but many of the most important things, I find, are the ones learned in your sleep. Speech, tennis, music, skiing, manners, love—you try them waking and perhaps balk at the jump, and then you're over. You've caught the rhythm of them once and for all, in your sleep at night. The city, of course, can wreck it. So much insomnia. So many rhythms collide. The salesgirl, the landlord, the guests, the bystanders, sixteen varieties of social circumstance in a day. Everyone has the power to call your whole
life into question here. Too many people have access to your state of mind. Some people are indifferent to dislike, even relish it. Hardly anyone I know.

"It is only stupid to put up the sails when the wind is against," the wife of the Italian mineral-water tycoon said, on the deck of their beautiful schooner, which had remained
all the summer in port. "Because then you lose them."

luka

we could of all lived better lives in different circumstances im sure. but craner has a BMW and that's not to be sniffed at.

luka

he wrote some good things a long time ago and they are valued by those who recognise and appreciate fine tailoring

luka

he devoted himself selflessly to civic duty. its quite an admirable life. lived his values. i think hes done ok.

luka

if you want an example of a man who lived his politics then craner is your man. he actually believes stuff. he works for the community. he makes a difference. hes actually a good man. even if hes fun to bully he is a very admirable and pricipled man. i admire him.

luka

i dont do fuck all just sponge of peoples pity and good will. never helped another person in my life.

linebaugh

I tried to work for the community but there was no way Id ever own a bmw and then really I wasnt helping the community at all as it turned out, possibly making it worse, so there was no reason to continue

luka

if there were more people like oliver this world would be a better place. he is good to bully. but hes also a very sensitive soul, a pisces, and theres a wounded artist in there somewhere

luka

one of the things my dad used to talk about when he was drunk was about when he was a student they had occupied a building etc and a profesor came in and talked to them about his beleif in civil institutions and so on and he was so scared he pissed himself but he kept talking at my dad and the rest of them and my dad was so taken with his courage that he became a cranerite from that day on. i do always think of craner in light of that story.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
if there were more people like oliver this world would be a better place. he is good to bully. but hes also a very sensitive soul, a pisces, and theres a wounded artist in there somewhere
The heated seats in various BMW models are said to be good for the soul.