Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
on a scale of 1-10, how furiously were you jerking off to a picture of ghislaine when indignantly asking this question?
I wouldn't imagine it was much more furious than a 4, given he needed at least one hand and some portion of his attention to type out the response.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I wouldn't imagine it was much more furious than a 4, given he needed at least one hand and some portion of his attention to type out the response.
Text-to-speech app with a plugin that filters out grunting. Come on, you're meant to be one of the techy ones here!

linebaugh

The decade is 2008-2016. The decade was defined by things that happened just before and preperation for things that would happen just after and thus the decade did not exist.

sus

I didn't, but I did go with my dad to a rally when he was running for his first turn, saw him / shook his hand / etc.

I was like, 11?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Nov 2008, Gus giddy with Hope, 9/11 seems like a bad dream - it happened but it didn’t happen if you subconsciously compartmentalise the anger of the audacity of.whichever ungodly diabolical agency completed its mission. No more dumb wars? Sold! Legalise it? Sold! Tasty redpills mmmmm! Trump 2024 deez nutz!!!

linebaugh

There was a guy me and @linebaugh used to speak to who was in his 20s and a genuine fan of Biden, I think he even had merch. A sweater or something.
He was a biden canvasser even! In his early twenties too. He seemed to have wound up there primarily because the cool kids and the pretty girls in the cafeteria were all communists. Around this time we also learned of the abuse of gus at NYU and an image formed of one of the most powerful political undercurrents of our time

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
'capital letters' is a nice touch.
The unscheduled phone call bit is also very on-point, at least for me. In general the genZ social anxiety phenomenon seems to involve an aversion to phone calls, or at least a distate for them. I have calls all the time, but 99% of them are scheduled (unless its a family member or an emergency or something).

I pretty much consider an unscheduled phone call an imposition, even if its unintentional (IE from someone whose generation is used to spontaneously calling each other because they didn't have instant asynchronous comms options available).

Like what, you just expect someone to have time to talk to you whenever you decide to call them? And if they don't pick up, you expect them to listen to a voicemail and then call you back? Nuh-uh gramps.

sufi

lala
The unscheduled phone call bit is also very on-point, at least for me. In general the genZ social anxiety phenomenon seems to involve an aversion to phone calls, or at least a distate for them. I have calls all the time, but 99% of them are scheduled (unless its a family member or an emergency or something).

I pretty much consider an unscheduled phone call an imposition, even if its unintentional (IE from someone whose generation is used to spontaneously calling each other because they didn't have instant asynchronous comms options available).

Like what, you just expect someone to have time to talk to you whenever you decide to call them? And if they don't pick up, you expect them to listen to a voicemail and then call you back? Nuh-uh gramps.
i was thinking about how this works in whatsappland - & yeh, that spontaneity is absent, you can dump yr voice message and i can pick it up and respond whenever i feel the need
i spose that's why everyone likes it so much

voicemail sucks for ever though

i think i started the whatsapp thread too negatively - i shoulda asked what is it about whatsapp that is so great why do you like it so much tell me all your tips

sus

original_8866458c330f8ed3dd1207f2a816cfa7.jpg