pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Q marked my tapping out of conspiracy world. Now and then I check in to see whats goin on but it feels like Q successfully fubared it. /r/conspiracy used to at least be entertaining. Feels like flat earth's resurgence and all that were the death knell.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Pizza gate, Q and Epstein was a crazy stretch of time. Feels like Epstein's more or less been swept under the rug now, but for a while it felt like that was gonna be the big aha moment for conspiracy nerds, me included.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
He was, Underworld was one of the targets of Wood's piece where he coined the term.
Thinking about it now, would you consider some of Ishmael Reed's work to be hysterical realism? I've only read Mumbo Jumbo, but I dare say that qualifies. Certain maximalist qualities indicating a hyperawareness of complex and/or conspiratorial arrangements, certain absurdist elements indicating perhaps some kind of disillusionment or commentary on how ridiculous things are, feelings of paranoia, etc.

version

Thinking about it now, would you consider some of Ishmael Reed's work to be hysterical realism? I've only read Mumbo Jumbo, but I dare say that qualifies. Certain maximalist qualities indicating a hyperawareness of complex and/or conspiratorial arrangements, certain absurdist elements indicating perhaps some kind of disillusionment or commentary on how ridiculous things are, feelings of paranoia, etc.

I suppose so, but I wouldn't use the term myself as Wood used it as a pejorative and I like some of the writers he targeted.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I suppose so, but I wouldn't use the term myself as Wood used it as a pejorative and I like some of the writers he targeted.
Oh interesting, didn't know it was originally intended as a pejorative. I had been using it without any connotation of being pejorative, IE basically just fiction which is often maximalist, often absurdist, and often involves paranoia as a fundamental character trait of protagonists which subjectively colors the world of the fiction. Do you know if there is any less pejorative term to refer to this sort of fiction?

version

Oh interesting, didn't know it was originally intended as a pejorative. I had been using it without any connotation of being pejorative, IE basically just fiction which is often maximalist, often absurdist, and often involves paranoia as a fundamental character trait of protagonists which subjectively colors the world of the fiction. Do you know if there is any less pejorative term to refer to this sort of fiction?

I mentioned it when you brought it up a few years ago. You could wrestle the term away from Wood and use it neutrally as it does make sense, I just don't agree with him that it's a bad thing or that there's no feeling in those books.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Craner just pulled a Version! I was gonna like his post, graciously linking to the article where Wood coined the term, but alas the post is no more. Anyway, thank you.

craner

Beast of Burden
Craner just pulled a Version! I was gonna like his post, graciously linking to the article where Wood coined the term, but alas the post is no more. Anyway, thank you.

I only deleted it because I suddenly realised Version probably already linked to it. Sorry.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I was in Dubai in 2011. Horrible experience all round, including this being one of the main songs played on every loudspeaker everywhere

Taxis, clubs, malls. My tormentor Ryan Seacrest was the dj on the main radio station

The Rhianna one was just as big but I kinda liked that one

yeah, you should have been in turkey. this was the big song around that time.

@luka 's favourite nazis shagging music