Roger Waters

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
No more than the next perfectly normal person who enjoys ranting obsessively about "Zionists" while dressed as Hitler.

Screen-Shot-2023-05-27-at-15.49.12-e1685191932718.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
But yeah, I'll go out on a limb here and say that someone who obsesses over the idea that Israel is uniquely evil, to the exclusion of all other geopolitical conflicts and issues*, dresses up as a Nazi to make the point that "Israel is today's Nazi Germany" (oh wow bud, powerful point there, think of that all by yourself, did you?), describes wealthy Jewish political donors (but only Jewish ones) as "puppet-masters pulling the strings", and then bats off any criticism as having been orchestrated by "the Jewish lobby" probably just really, really, really fucking hates Jews.

*except when he takes time out from that to make himself a useful idiot for Russian fascism, like these pricks always do

Edit: I'd forgotten about the pig with the Star of David on it. I mean come on.

maxi

Yeah there's nothing antisemitic in his criticism of Israel in itself, but it's the surrounding stuff that has seemed dodgy.

Like when he did a show with a giant pig with a star of david on it. That's a symbol to identify Jews generally, not just Israel.

This article presented some of his emails to his team during the planning behind that show. Yes it's the Israel Times, but if they're right about Waters confirming the email's authenticity then...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/roger...slur-after-film-exposes-antisemitic-comments/

“Hey Guys, Who’s going to make pig?” Rogers wrote in the email, referring to a large inflatable pig that drifts over the audience at his concerts. Waters said he “imagined” the pig plastered with slogans including “dirty kyke,” a deeply offensive, racist term for Jewish people.

He also suggested writing dollar signs, “follow the money,” “scum,” a “crescent and star,” and Stars of David on the pig, among other slogans and symbols, according to the film.

In a Friday statement posted to his website and shared on X, Waters appeared to confirm that the email was genuine, and did not apologize for using the term.

“The offensive words I referenced in quotes in an email 13 years ago, were my brainstorming ideas on how to make the evils and horrors of fascism and extremism apparent and shocking to a generation that may not fully appreciate the ever-present threat,” Waters said. “They are not the manifestation of any underlying bigotry as the film suggests. Quite the opposite.”

So yeah pretty dodgy. None of this helps the Palestinian cause either as it just makes all his legit criticisms easy for Israel defenders to dismiss as motivated by antisemitism (which they will attempt to do even without evidence anyway, but still, he makes it extra easy for them)

william_kent

So... supports Palestine because it's under threat from Israel, but castigates anyone for suggesting that Taiwan is under threat from the CCP

CNN's Michael Smerconish on Saturday (Aug. 6) released footage from an interview with 78-year-old Pink Floyd founding member Roger Waters, who took a notably strong pro-Beijing stance on Taiwan's political status.

In the interview, Smerconish asked Waters to explain the rationale behind his warning to his audience members about his political views at the start of his shows. At one point, Waters justified Russia's invasion of Ukraine by arguing the U.S. would take similar action if "the Chinese were putting nuclear-armed missiles into Mexico or Canada."
Smerconish retorted that "the Chinese are too busy encircling Taiwan as we speak." This spurred Waters to respond by claiming, "They're not encircling Taiwan! Taiwan is part of China. And that's been absolutely accepted by the whole of the international community since 1948 and if you don't know that, you're not reading enough. Go and read about it."
1696415803067.png

The guy's an idiot

DannyL

Wild Horses
At the risk of repeating myself, indulges atrocity denial re. Syria. All the conspiracies tend to run together at some point - conspiracists inevitably end up at antisemitism because of the idea of a nefarious cabel controlling events.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
At the risk of repeating myself, indulges atrocity denial re. Syria. All the conspiracies tend to run together at some point - conspiracists inevitably end up at antisemitism because of the idea of a nefarious cabel controlling events.
That would be the Syria that's killed about twice as many Palestinians as Israel has since the civil war started in 2011 (if, for some weird reason, you cared exclusively about Palestinians, and gave no heed at all to the half-million-odd other people killed in the war, or the millions made homeless, or all the victims of Assad's torture dungeons, etc.).

Then there's his beyond-cringe "open letter" to Zelenskyy, basically asking him to hand his country over to Uncle Vlad in the name of "peace."

The guy is the living epitome of the most embarrassing, racist excesses of so-called "anti-imperialist" politics.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You know how Pink Floyd recorded 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' in honour of Syd Barrett after he went nuts and left the band? I reckon Dave Gilmour ought record one for Waters titled 'Jog On You Tankie Bellend.'

mixed_biscuits

What's even more disgraceful is that he has Jewish grandsons and grandparents who lived in Golders Green. The least he could be is a bit more discreet!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"I don't understand why they're still calling me an antisemite! I even titled the book Why I Hate All Jews AND The Oil Industry!"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Nothing related to antisemitism here, but this is funny as fuck.

Roger Waters played his first show since June this past Sunday (Oct. 8), and it was also his first performance since the Oct. 6 release of his The Dark Side of the Moon Redux. The show has received a lot of criticism, however, as the musician apparently told the crowd to "fuck off," which prompted some fans to leave.

The show took place at the London Palladium, and according to various sources, including LW Theatres, Waters intended to premiere his new version of The Dark Side of the Moon. However, fans got much more than that. Daily Mail reports that the 80-year-old singer also spent about an hour reading excerpts from his unpublished memoir Dark Side of the Moon: Memoirs of a Lanky Prick on his laptop while sitting at a desk onstage. One of the stories he read was about a duck named Donald, and it went on for around 20 minutes.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
theyre all fucking idiots. private school worlds presented as universalist growing pains. waters, gillmore, same fucking different. shit band without sid barrett, the real whimsy.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
who gives a shit if he's a right wing or a left winger, he's an entertainer for people who can't tell the difference between Judaism, islam and christianity.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
imagine telling your kids you liked Pink Floyd. Even m*ggs would be ashamed to tell his kids that.

I mean its a recipe to get them to put your head on a pike.

My dad never heard of pink floyd, thank allah.