Jason Statham

IdleRich

IdleRich
Cos I'm doing this short film night I've met a few people making films. This one guy wanted me to audition for him to play a detective in a film he was involved in.

I was totally up for it cos I thought it would be fun, and I thought that really anyone can play one role right? If they just gave me some lines and pointed the camera at me then how hard could it be? I could just be myself, where I would be shown up would be if I got another role and had to be different, I would struggle then... but quite a few people have managed to arrange their career so all they do is play themselves again and again. Great work if you can get it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"He grew up with football player Vinnie Jones, alongside whom he would later act. Jones introduced him to football, and Statham went on to play for the local grammar school (1978–1983),"

Jones introduced him to football? Oh yeah, good job they met or else Statham would probably never have discovered that little-known underground sport... and when did they act together? Oh they mean Lock, Stock... bit of a stretch but technically true I suppose.

linebaugh

Hes in collateral for 30 seconds in the first scene. Had to double check i was watching the right movie

IdleRich

IdleRich
There is a guy on the train who looks exactly like the Stath if he was black. I wanna take a photo but ideally without him spotting what I'm up to and turning into a deadly killer who was formerly employed by an elite unit of assassins so secret that the president* doesn't know it exists.

Who am I kidding, he's obviously been trained to spot that kind of thing, I haven't got a chance....

....or have I?

IMG_20231123_175417.jpg

Managed to get a pic. The guy I'm talking about is the one labelled target.

*Though that doesn't mean much, Marcelo is hardly an expert on black ops