Who else can use your phone?

...or personal devices? Who would you grant access to?

• Nobody - you would have to prise it from my cold dead etc and it's all password locked anyway

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • One or two specific people - partner, parent, sibling e.g.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Anybody that i trust - friends, kids, colleagues,

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Anybody at all - as long as they don't monkey about with it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
would you let me go through yr phone?
i think for me the problem would be i have all this different personalities that sometimes contradict each other. with one group of friends i am another person than with another group of friends, or with family, or with colleagues. and all these personalities are in my telephone. i wouldn't mind so much to let you go through my phone, because we don't know each other that well, having someone close, a friend, a family member, a colleague go through my phone would be harder for me.

mixed_biscuits

i think for me the problem would be i have all this different personalities that sometimes contradict each other. with one group of friends i am another person than with another group of friends, or with family, or with colleagues. and all these personalities are in my telephone. i wouldn't mind so much to let you go through my phone, because we don't know each other that well, having someone close, a friend, a family member, a colleague go through my phone would be harder for me.
This is called the Ancient Mariner effect in psychology.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

mixed_biscuits

What you are missing is centralisation, a key Bruce Charlton concept.

wild greens

sometimes you're in a pub and your lad is bored but someone wants dessert, so you will have to let him play Minecraft but not before deleting a whatsapp group or twos media just in case; it is what it is

sufi

lala
i think i'd be quite interested to see your stuff actually, but it's a creepy feeling using someone else's device

sufi

lala
i guess i wouldnt mind my smartphone to be inspected by family or friends or colleagues - i try not to use if for much so it's all innocuous
my online life is on my computer, and it feels like it would be awesome to give someone a tour or let them scubadive through it's linuxy depths, (even tho it is all pw protected)
like the phone has a less deep version of me than the pc, but i keep a clean house on both anyhoo

sufi

lala
sometimes you're in a pub and your lad is bored but someone wants dessert, so you will have to let him play Minecraft but not before deleting a whatsapp group or twos media just in case; it is what it is
i'm wondering whether whatsapp and smartphones make people more secretive and generally how that is playing out

sufi

lala
i'm not even goona ask droid cos he has secret identity issues and anyway does not use a phone as he has sim and circuitry built in