André 3000 little flute chant

rubberdingyrapids

hes been talking about feeling out of step with rap for over two decades.
im sure he will keep popping up to do features forever.
am interested to hear the album (he was terrible as an actor in that white noise film and the awful claire denis sci fi one i thought so id rather him doing a flute album than watching him again)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My advice is don't listen to track 1 because he repeats the riff about 50 times and it was stuck in my head all weekend

tarukaja

i found it to be lovely, birthday party for a sort of "nu-age" scene that has been gestating in southern california for the past few years (brushed shoulders with some of the participants since living in the US southwest). Stuff that started off downstream of James Ferraro/Flying Lotus types that over time mutated into something like "hearts of space" for arty millennials, head music for microdosers. the subcultural hot-spot over here seems to ping-pong between NYC and LA every 7-8 years or so, wondering if this is indicative of a broader sea change

maxi

this one doesn't sound like alice coltrane or new age etc to me. sounds a lot more like a detroit techno ambient interlude or something carl craig would do on an album track