The TV President

mixed_biscuits

I wouldn't do it because I like chaos and the fun of trying to work out what is true from a morass of false things. But isn't this just the result of a fact-check exercise and disinformation clampdown, no different to the media complex over here.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I wouldn't do it because I like chaos and the fun of trying to work out what is true from a morass of false things. But isn't this just the result of a fact-check exercise and disinformation clampdown, no different to the media complex over here.
Well unless the Daily Telegraph is now part of the global Marxo-Wokeist thought-control apparatus, then no, it looks like common or garden right-wing authoritarianism.

mixed_biscuits

You don't know any Spanish so how do you know whether the banned outlet is any better than National Enquirer or the Sunday Sport. Please learn Spanish and post your graded certificate before continuing to comment on activity in these faraway places; we've already had all kinds of nonsense in the Palestine thread from people reposting stuff they don't understand in Arabic or Hebrew. Don't even get me started on Russia Surrounded: I think only Germaphobian and I have any Russian, so everyone else should just clear out of that thread ASAP.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You don't know any Spanish so how do you know whether the banned outlet is any better than National Enquirer or the Sunday Sport. Please learn Spanish and post your graded certificate before continuing to comment on activity in these faraway places; we've already had all kinds of nonsense in the Palestine thread from people reposting stuff they don't understand in Arabic or Hebrew. Don't even get me started on Russia Surrounded: I think only Germaphobian and I have any Russian, so everyone else should just clear out of that thread ASAP.
rick-moranis-are-you-the-gatekeeper.gif

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
@mixed_biscuits Here's one of Spain's major national newspapers describing Milei as far-right ("ultradereche") - is that good enough for you?

mixed_biscuits

That's not the news agency he banned, Mr Reading Comprehension. That's in Spain and he's in Argentina - different places.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That's not the news agency he banned, Mr Reading Comprehension.
I didn't say it was, you fucking jebber. It was the first high-profile Hispanophone news source I could think of, and I thought one from outside Argentina might be able to give a more objective view on what's going on in Argentina, especially since Milei has already begun dismantling the country's free press.

mixed_biscuits

I didn't say it was, you fucking jebber. It was the first high-profile Hispanophone news source I could think of, and I thought one from outside Argentina might be able to give a more objective view on what's going on in Argentina, especially since Milei has already begun dismantling the country's free press.
Is Argentina offline or something?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The thing is, I'd have at least a tiny amount of respect if, just once, you could be even slightly honest and say "Yeah, this guy is on the far right and so am I, which is why I like him", rather than trying to characterise him as some kind of reasonable centrist that only mad Marxists dislike.

mixed_biscuits

The thing is, I'd have at least a tiny amount of respect if, just once, you could be even slightly honest and say "Yeah, this guy is on the far right and so am I, which is why I like him", rather than trying to characterise him as some kind of reasonable centrist that only mad Marxists dislike.
As stated before, I'm Green.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What I'm saying is do you not have a link to the stuff he banned?
I supplied one already. In a newspaper that you'd be the first to use in supporting any of your positions. Now you're just sealioning with this "ahh but you don't speak Spanish, could you please supply a transcript of what he said, translated by someone with at least a Master's degree in Spanish" bullshit.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Well when I said a Master's degree, I obviously meant one from a Russell Group or Ivy League university..."