luka

im going to drink more rum specially the ten rums william kent tells us to drink

luka

What you might call a proper Jamaican rum. This is no smooth, sweet South American (with all the sugar and additives that often entails) job. It's a pot-still banger. Strong, complex and unique flavours. If you're a sweet, spiced rum fan this is going to take some getting used to. It has the Jamaican rum 'funk' - load of distillates that get carried over in the production, leaving a lot of esters in the mix. This gives complex flavours, with the well known one being banana or overripe fruit. The end result is endlessly interesting. Each sip is different to the last.

luka

Your first sip of this rum with make you say "Wow!" This is a classical style rum fermented using ambient yeast, and distilled using real pot stills. The ambient yeast gives it a hint of a tangy flavor, that's a little like sourdough bread. This is how all rum was made before they started using test tube grown yeast in modern times. The pot still makes sure that all the flavors of molasses and sugar cane survive the distillation process. If you want to know what the finest rum tasted like in the 1600s, this is it!

luka

i was in teh traflagar today good selction
i had the el dorado 21 which is super lush
pussers which is brilliant
a foursquare trinidadian which was great
a flor de cana 7 which was vile
a ron zapada 21 which was decent
and loads more i cant remember

william_kent

after works drinks today

there was one shot left in the bottle of Mount Gay

a dependable "budget rum" from Barbados

it's smooth, it's affordable, and I once blacked out after 3 bottles and aggro'd a street dealer whilst I was clutching a carrier bag with a thousand pounds worth of rare reggae singles and I'm still here to tell the day

unfortunately that was the dregs of the bottle and I had to opt for "J", a rubbish spiced rum at £8 for a double

1703013879274.png

tasted like "pop", I had a double and left the building

I'm on to the 54% Deutsche supermarket rum

Als gute Deutsche sind wir darauf konditioniert wurden, dass etwas nicht gut sein kann, wenn es billig ist. Aber die Discounter wie Aldi, Lidl und Norma haben diese Binsenweisheit längst ad absurdum geführt. Sie verkaufen Top-Qualität zu niedrigen Preisen. Genauso sieht es auch beim Captain Comark Rum aus.

translate: " As good Germans, we have been conditioned to believe that something cannot be good if it is cheap. But discounters like Aldi, Lidl and Norma have long since reduced this truism to absurdity. They sell top quality at low prices. It looks the same with Captain Comark Rum."

rough as fuck but I'm thinking about deleting several ill advised posts

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
i'm always being looked down on cos i don't know what a good wine is

it's time i started looking down on others because i know more than two types of a drink

sus

i'm always being looked down on cos i don't know what a good wine is

it's time i started looking down on others because i know more than two types of a drink
ask for wine from the central coast of california, and when they say, where is that, say, bounded by monterey county in the north and santa barbara in the south, but the best stuff is in paso robles. they'll be very impressed, even high end wine shop people in new york don't know this, this is privileged local information from a local informant born and raised