wiiliam kent's 2023 top ten

william_kent

but just for the record

INLAND EMPIRE is a masterpiece

maybe overshadowed by TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN

but only a few seem to appreciate that

version

That era of digital filmmaking's undergone something of a reappraisal. Enough time's passed that people appreciate the look, e.g. Mann's Miami Vice film, Inland Empire.

william_kent

I'm a little biased about the Michael Mann film because what the fuck was Gong Li thinking? she could have fucked me! but she went with that sweaty piece of shit?

version

I'm a little biased about the Michael Mann film because what the fuck was Gong Li thinking? she could have fucked me! but she went with that sweaty piece of shit?
miami-vice-gong-li.gif

william_kent

I should clarify that I've never met Gong Li so my chances of fucking her amount to zero %

but one of my friends in high school did have a younger sister named "Maggie Cheung"

but not the same one, and I didn't have a career as a film director where I could abuse my privilege and hire her to dress up in latex and then marry her

MAGGIE CHEUNG - IRMA VEP TRAILER

IRMA VEP - ENDING SCENE

Maggie Cheung, Michelle Yeoh, Anita Mui - heroic trio trailer

"beware! this place is full of methane!"

edit: i'm pretty sure if i followed a different path i would be a #me_too director but i'm a nice guy really

luka

yeah its really good. i finished my bottle recently but a shop i know has the overproof in which ive not tried yet.

luka

i was working for an italian fashion house a couple of days ago and its all cos i spunk money with no thought for tomorrow.

luka

we shouldnt brag about our success cos everyone else on this forum is not living their best life. they're scared to be great. they dont know what it is like to tattoo a grinning jester skull on a lesbians thigh and get paid in cash for it.

linebaugh

It’s a funny story how I got married, I didn’t even plan too but my wife kept crying about that so I was like sure why not. It happened over zoom with the courthouse.