Things You've Invented

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
@william_kent You did a dirty delete! I liked that post. I was going to write that you could have been Elon Musk before Elon Musk, so it's probably just as well you never followed through with it.

luka

version

Who invented "Yacht Fascism"? It's associated with Craner, but I think I read that Luke was the one who actually coined it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Dinner tonight will be sweet-and-smoky upside-down fisherman's pie (damn, it really needs a snappier name than that).

I think I've described it here before. The base is mashed sweet potato with garlic, chipotle chili flakes, rosemary and loads of butter (obviously). The topping is a basic cheese sauce with smoked fish crumbled into it, plus Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. The final layer is, of course, extra cheese. Cheddar that's so mature it's got a pension sorted out at the age of 23 is compulsory. Then under the grill it goes...

We normally make it with smoked mackerel but we've got a mix of mackerel and herring to try this time.

version

Did Mark invent anything? People seem to feel 'Capitalist Realism' was his thing, but I remember Third saying he got it from someone else.

luka

that phrase was certainly about before he used it. usually ideas in that field are just successful branding exercises. at best giving a name to something that never had a name before. hyperstition might be an example of that actually.